- Anapa Seaport;
- Gelendzhik Seaport
- Kavkaz Seaport;
- Novorossiysk Seaport;
- Taman Seaport;
- Temryuk Seaport;
- Tuapse Seaport.
Planned and current investment projects of the Azovo-Chernomorsky Basin Branch:
- Anapa Seaport;
- Eysk Seaport
- Kavkaz Seaport;
- Novorossiysk Seaport;
- Temryuk Seaport;
- Tuapse Seaport.
One of the major activities of the FSUE “Rosmorport” Azovo-Chernomorsky Basin Branch is implementation of federal investment programs and capital investment projects of FSUE “Rosmorport” aimed at the development of federal port infrastructure facilities in the seaports of Anapa, Gelendzhik, Eysk, Kavkaz, Novorossiysk, Taman, Temryuk and Tuapse.
In this area the Azovo-Chernomorsky Basin Branch, and earlier Eysk, Taman and Tuapse branches, have implemented the following investment projects aimed at the improvement of port infrastructure and the quality of services rendered to ship owners, consignors and other customers in seaports.
In 2012 reconstruction of the Vityazevo passenger berth near the same-named village was completed. The berth consists of an approach highway with the length of 260 metres and the width of 5.5 metres, and two lowered platforms with the length of 48 metres each on both sides of the highway functioning as berth walls for the mooring of local passenger boats. The construction of the berth is one of the stages to implement the regional concept for the development of hospitality services on the Black Sea coast in Krasnodar Territory. The Vityazevo berth can handle vessels with the following technical characteristic: tonnage – 320 tons, length – 35 metres, width – 13 metres, draught – 2.5 metres, passenger capacity – 230 people.
In 2006 a passenger berth for local transport in Dzhankhot village was constructed. The project was one of the stages to implement the the regional concept for the development of hospitality services on the Black Sea coast in Krasnodar Territory. The passenger berth in Dzhankhot village is designed for local passenger boats with the tonnage of 320 tons, length of 35 metres, width of 13 metres, draught of 3 metres and passenger capacity of 102.5 metres. The highway length is 102.5 metres, and the width of the platforms on the sides of the highway is from 5.5 to 7.21 metres.
In 2007 the project for the reconstruction of Kurgorodok berth was completed. The aim of the project was to change the existing piling foundation and all elements of the berth superstructure in order to restore its functions for handling of Aleksandr-Grin-type and Raduga-type vessels preserving the technical characteristics of the berth.
In 2008 the Passenger Pier No. 2 and Kabardinka berth were reconstructed to serve local passenger lines. During the reconstruction the piling foundation and all elements of the berths superstructures were changed. Their operational characteristics were totally restored.
In 2012 a new cable line with the power of 10 kWt was constructed in order to provide sustainable power supply of the Doob radio post facilities as an integral part of the unified vessel traffic system.
In 2005 berth No. 8 designed for general cargo handling was reconstructed. During the reconstruction a free standing dolphin and a mooring bollard were built making the berth longer up to 156.3 metres and creating the conditions for reception and handling of vessels with the length of 141.4 metres, width of 16.8 metres, draught of 4.6 metres and tonnage of 9,443 tons.
In 2007 the coast protection of the Severnoye 2nd area was reconstructed. The structure is designed for damping down the wave energy, supporting the coast embankment and handling car-and-passenger ferries. As a result, the northern side of the coast protection was fitted for handling ro-ro ships.
In 2009 pier No. 6 was reconstructed. The pier is made of a highway and designed for handling railway ferries going to the Ukraine, Georgia, Bulgaria and Turkey. During the reconstruction of the transfer bridge seat the main structural parts of the pier (piles, concrete blocks) were replaced, and two dolphins were constructed. The total length of pier No. 6 with the dolphins reached 166.6 metres allowing to handle ferries with the length of up to 150.2 metres.
In 2004 the branch installed a video control system at the South Ozereevka radio locator post of Novorossiysk Port VTS. The system allowed to supervise vessel traffic in area 670 of Novorossiysk Seaport basin.
In 2008 modernization of the radio technical posts at Cape Penay and Cape Doob was completed. Up-to date equipment was installed during the modernization making it possible to keep video supervision over areas 415 and 416 of Novorossiysk Harbour.
In November 2009 radar processors were replaced at all radio technical posts. That helped to improve the processing of all incoming radio locator data. Besides, the sutomatic identification system was refurbished as T214 transponder was installed improving the tracking accuracy, monitoring and information value of the observed targets.
In 2009 berth No. 39 designed for handling sea ferries and container ships was reconstructed. The project envisaged strengthening of the shell and leaf-type structures of the berth, dredging up to 13.1 metres for design ship handling and lengthening of the berth by almost 94 metres. As a result, the estimated yearly throughput capacity of the reconstructed berth No. 39 exceeded 260,000 TEUs with the average 260 port calls of vessels from 400 to 2,500 TEUs.
In December 2011 the UHF radio communication subsystem of Novorossiysk Port VTS with canal-forming equipment was renewed due to the necessity to replace the outmoded equipment.
In 2011 the Port berth of local passenger lines was reconstructed due to its considerable wearing. The berth constructions were all dismantled and in the end of the reconstruction the technical and operational characteristics of the berth were fully restored.
In 2012 the first stage of modernization of the global navigation satellite system differential subsystem on the Black Sea was completed, including the following works:
- Reconstruction of base stations and integral control stations (main and reserve sets) of GPS differential subsystem at Gelendzhik radio center;
- Creation of a remote station for control and supervision over the technological equipment of the renewed control and corrective station at the Gelendzhik radio center in the Regional Communication Center
- Creation of a remote station for supervision over the parameters of navigational field of the new control and corrective station of the GPS subsystem;
- Creation of a remote station for monitoring of the navigation field parameters.
In 2009 a radio relay communication station mast was built on top of Mt. Zelensky. It became part of the Kerch Strait Regional VTS and is designed for vessel traffic control in the waters of and approaches to Taman Seaport.
In 2010 the Taman automated radio technical post was put into operation. It is designed for supervision over navigation in its coverage area, automatic detecting, tracking and identification of ships, as well as transfer of information to the Kerch Strait Regional VTS in order to support the necessary level of navigation safety in the waters of and approaches to Taman Seaport.
In 2009 the overhaul of berth No. 18 was completed involving replacement of the fenders, repairs of the crane runaways and the face part of the steel shear head. As a result, the operational capacities of the berth were restored and its technical characteristics were improved.
Also in that year an automated radio technical post mast was built in order to supervise vessel traffic in Temryuk Seaport improving navigation safety.
In June 2012 the first stage of reconstruction of GMDSS system in Temryuk Seaport (Golubitskaya village) was completed. The reconstructed GMDSS system of sea areas A1 and A2 is in the responsibility area of the Azovo-Chernomorsky basin branch Taman Department. The GMDSS A2 radio transmitter on the territory of Golubitsky radio centre was completely restarted and fitted with new MF/HF transmitters with the output capacity of 500 Wt based on TW 7000 transceivers. New coastal UHF radio station at Achilleon radio post provides stable UHF communication between the sea rescue subcentre of Temryuk Seaport and ships in the Kerch Strait and its approaches.
In 2005 major repairs of the South-Western bulwark were completed in order to prolong the service life of this facility. The bulwark is designed to protect the seaport water area from waves and alluvium.
In 2006 major repairs of the Southern bulwark superstructure were completed in order to prolong the service life of this facility. The bulwark is designed to protect the seaport water area from waves and alluvium.
In 2007 major repairs of the South-Western breakwater were completed in order to prolong the service life of this facility. The bulwark is designed to protect the seaport water area from waves and alluvium.
In 2009 dredging was conducted in Tuapse Seaport waters at the approach to the corn handling terminal. After dredging up to 13.94 metres it became possible to guarantee port calls of corn carriers with the tonnage of 118 thousand tons.
In 2012 major repairs of the Southern bulwark superstructure and South-Western breakwater were completed in order to prolong the service life of those facilities.
In 2012 the South-Eastern breakwater was thoroughly overhauled in order to restore its dimensions. Implementation of the project helped to prolong its service life by 40 years.
Also in 2012 dredging works in the amount of 943 thousand cubic metres were completed in order to form the water area of the new deep-water berth 1A designed for handling dark and light oil products by ships with the deadweight of 100 thousand tons. The seabed level reached 16.9 metres.
At present the Azovo-Chernomorsky Basin Branch is implementing the following investment projects as capital investments into the port and coastal infrastructure facilities in the seaports of Anapa, Gelendzhik, Eysk, Kavkaz, Novorossiysk, Taman, Temryuk and Tuapse within the federal target program “Development of the transport system of Russia (2010-2015)” and its own capital investment programs.
• project for reconstruction of the “Succo” berth near Anapa. The berth was completely devastated by storms and was taken out of service. However, the demand for local passenger shipping has considerably increased with the building of modern multi-storeyed holiday hotels and landscaped beach in the Succo valley. At present a special design bureau, which have won a tender, is drafting project documentation. Construction is planned to start after necessary finances are allocated but not earlier than 2013.
• project for reconstruction of the “Metallic pier” construction due to its limiting wear and partial wrecking. Implementation of the project will allow to use the pier for passenger boats working on local passenger lines. At present a special design bureau, which have won a tender, is drafting project documentation. Construction is planned to start after necessary finances are allocated but not earlier than 2014.
At present the Azovo-Chernomorsky Basin Branch is conducting works for closing of the former navigation way and fitting heads of the new navigation way into the Eastern basin of Eysk Seaport in the frame of the project for the reconstruction of Eastern Bulwark in Eysk Seaport.
• project for reconstruction of the head parts of the Northern and Southern protective bulwarks. Implementation of the planned events will help to restore the working capacities of the protective bulwarks head parts, as well as to increase depths at the entrance to seaport up to 7 metres. At present a special design bureau, which have won a tender, is drafting project documentation. Construction is planned to start in 2014.
• project for reconstruction of the coast protection in the root of pier No. 6. Implementation of the project will help to restore the working capacities of the coast protection, and will also create conditions for mooring of harbor fleet. At present a special design bureau, which have won a tender, is drafting project documentation. Construction is planned to start in 2014.
• project for reconstruction of coast protection No. 3 (southern). The project involves creation of conditions for safe mooring of auxiliary harbor fleet at the facility. At present a special design bureau, which have won a tender, is drafting project documentation. Construction is planned to start in 2013-2014.
• project for construction of a general port administrative building for the checkpoint through the state border of the Russian Federation in accordance with the Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 27.12.2007 No. 200. The building is to fit employees of border, customs, sanitary-quarantine, veterinary and phytosanitary services, who perform the functions of state border and customs control. At present the project documentation is being reviewed by state expert board. Construction is planned to start in 2014.
• construction of a new Northern-Eastern cargo area and approach canal in order to serve ro-ro ships with the project capacity of 2 million tons of ro-ro cargo per year. At present the project documentation is being revised in order to optimize project solutions and precise the technical, economic and ecological indicators of the project. After project works are completed, the documentation will be sent to the state ecological and state expert boards, according to the established procedure. A tender will be conducted to the general contractor to perform construction of the new cargo area. Construction is planned to start in 2013.
• project for reconstruction of berths No. 34 and No. 34a of the Cabotage Bulwark designed for serving passenger vessels. The project is aimed at restoration of the capacities to receive and work passenger cruise vessels in Novorossiysk Seaport. Reconstruction of the berths is conditioned by their limiting wear due to long operation, and also partial wreck of the piles construction and superstructure. As a result the length of berth No. 34 will reach 278.5 metres, and the length of berth No. 34 A will reach 139.0 metres. The design ship parameters (Albatross-type) for reconstructed berth No. 34 will be the following: length – 205.5 metres, width – 25.2 meters, draught – 7.5 metres. The design ship parameters (Expedition-type) for reconstructed berth No. 34 A will be the following: length – 104.0 metres, width – 18.9 meters, draught – 4.7 metres. At present a specialized design bureau is performing design works. Construction is planned to start in 2013.
• project for reconstruction of the Novorossiysk seaport water area. It is supposed to reconstruct the turning point at the entrance to the inner water area of the seaport; to reconstruct the turning point at the “Forest Quay”; to reconstruct the inner navigation way connecting both foregoing turning points. As a result, the “Forest Quay” will be able to receive ships with the draught of up to 13.7 metres. Dredging works will be conducted only after necessary finances are allocated for implementation of the project, but not earlier than 2014.
• project for anti-lightning protection of the Novorossiysk Port VTS, radio technical posts “Doob Beacon”, “Penay Beacon”, “Yuzhnaya Ozereyevka”, a network of GMDSS coast base stations of sea area A1 and A2 at the Lysaya mountain in Novorossiysk and Doob mountain, as well as emergency electric power supply of the VTS radio technical posts “Doob Beacon” and “Penay Beacon” in order to comply with the enterprise standard “Electric power supply, anti-lightning protection and power ground of navigation safety facilities. Requirements” – StP RMP 31.02-2008”. At present design works are performed, construction is planned to start in 2013.
• project for reconstruction of Novorossiysk Port VTS in the framework of the federal target program “Development of the transport system of Russia in 2010-2015”. The aim of the project is to replace the worn equipment of theGelendzhik and Yuzhnaya Ozereyevka radio posts, which has been used since 2000-2002. That will help to increase the VTS sustainability. The design works are planned to start in 2014.
• project to implement the second stage of modernization of the differential global navigation satellite system in the Black Sea. The project involves reconstruction of base stations and integral control stations (main and reserve sets) of the GPS differential subsystem at Gelendzhik radio centre, creation of a remote control point in the Novorossiysk Regional Vessel Control Centre, creation of the remote control point over parameters of navigation field create by the renewed control corrective station of GPS subsystem, replacement of radio beacon and antenna system. Implementation of the project will help to increase the preciseness of vessel tracking in sea up to 1 metre. Construction is planned to start in 2013.
• project for construction of the VTS Centre in Temryuk Seaport. The aim of the project is to increase the efficiency of VTS functioning in Temryuk Seaport to increase navigation safety level in the seaport waters and approaches. At present a specialized design bureau, which has won a tender, is drafting the project documentation, which will be submitted to the state ecological and state expert board. Construction is to start in 2013-2014.
• project for reconstruction of Passenger Pier designed for serving passenger ships. Implementation of the project is part of measures to restore passenger service capabilities. in Tuapse Seaport. It will enable mooring of ships with the following dimensions: length – 45 metres, width – 14 metres, draught – 4.6 metres. At present the project documentation is being reviewed by the state ecological expert board. In case of a positive result, construction is to start in 2016.