Array (  => 123 )Show allHide all
|Seaport area size:||
|Seaport water area size:||17.6516 sq. km|
|Number of berths:||40 berths и 2 shoreline stabilization structures|
|Berth wall length:||4,332.86 m|
|Cargo terminals capacity:|
|overall:||5,010 thous. tons per year|
- dry cargo:
4,353 thous. tons per year
|- containters:||54.75 thous. units of twenty-foot equivalent per year|
• passenger terminals capacity:
1,637,800 passengers per year
|Maximum dimensions of vessels calling at the seaport:|
|- draught:||8.8 m|
|- length:||311 m|
|Covered warehouses area size:||2.88 thous. sq. m|
|Open warehouses area size:||34 thous. sq. m|
Imeretinsky Service, LLC
Imeretinsky Service, LLC
Sochinsky Morskoy Torgovy Port, CJSC
ArtWay Logistic, LLC
IP Kusaev A.O.
BG “Consulting”, LLC
- USSR Council of Ministers Decree dated 23.06.1969 No. 1268-rs
- Government of Russia Regulation dated 03.06.2011 No. 442 “On definition of the Russian Federation state border checkpoints designed for the import of goods, chemical, biological, and radioactive substances, wastes, and other cargo hazardous for human, and also articles of food to the Russian Federation”
- Government of Russia Regulation dated 12.12.2018 No. 1512 “On approval of the list of checkpoints across the state border of the Russian Federation, which allow the sale of goods to individuals arriving in the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union by air and water transport”
- Government of Russia Decree dated 20.11.2008 No.1724-r
- Government of Russia Degree dated 23.10.2020 No. 2741-r
- Rosgranitsa Order dated 11.09.2009 No.127
- Order of the Ministry of Transport of Russia dated 30.05.2017 No. 202 “On approval of the rules of regime in the sea cargo-passenger permanent multilateral checkpoint through the state border of the Russian Federation in Sochi Seaport (Krasnodar Territory)”
- Mintrans of Russia Order dated 09.04.2019 No. 98 “On approval of the limits of the sea cargo-passenger permanent multilateral checkpoint across the state border of the Russian Federation in the seaport of Sochi (Krasnodar Territory)”
- Mintrans of Russia Order dated 31.03.2022 No. 107 “On approval of the Regime Rules at checkpoints across the state border of the Russian Federation”
- Rosselkhoznadzor Letter dated 20.03.2012 No. FS-AS-3/3506
- Merchant Shipping Code of the Russian Federation dated 30.04.1999 No. 81-FZ
- Federal Law dated 08.11.2007 No. 261-FZ “On seaports of Russian federation and on introducing amendments to certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation”
- Government of Russia Degree dated 20.03.2018 No. 458-r
- Ministry of Transport of Russia Order dated 04.12.2013 No. 373 “On approval of the lists of seaports included in the relevant seaport administrations”
- Mintrans of Russia Order dated 05.08.2014 No. 219 “On determination of anchorage areas for detained or arrested vessels in the seaports of the Russian Federation”
- Ministry of Russia Order dated 19.05.2017 No. 191 “On approval of the Rules for the state registration of vessels, rights to them and transactions with them in seaports and of centralized accounting of registered vessels”
- Ministry of Russia Order dated 26.10.2017 No. 463 “On approval of the General rules for navigation and mooring of vessels in the seaports of the Russian Federation and on the approaches to them”
- Mintrans of Russia Order dated 03.10.2017 No. 404 “On approval of Obligatory Decrees for the sea port of Sochi”
- Order of the captain of the seaport of Sochi dated 24.01.2022 No. VR-1-r “On declaring the depths and maximum allowable draft of vessels at berths and at anchorages in the water area of the seaport of Sochi”
The history of the Sochi seaport dates back to 1872 when the “Russkoe obshchestvo parokhodstva i torgovli” ("Russian Society for Shipping and Trade") agency was organized in Sochi, which acted as the passengers receiving and sending center.
In 1899-1901, the harbour was built on the place where the “Kavkazskaya riviera” (“Caucasian Riviera”) spa resort was situated.
In 1923, the harbour deteriorated and was demolished.
In 1924, after the establishment of Soviet system the “Sovtorgflot” Sochi maritime agency was organized in Sochi.
In 1930, the Sochi maritime agency was subordinated to the port of Tuapse and the Sochi harbour became the attached point of the Tuapse Seaport.
In 1934, by the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR order dated 31.03.1934 № 698 the Sochi department of the Navy as an independent shipping company was established, and the Sochi attached point was converted to the third digit port. The port of Sochi included the following attached points: Matsesta, Khosta, Adler, Pitsunda, Gagra, Gudauty, Psirtskha. The Sochi Sea Shipping Company district of activity was fixed from Anapa to Batumi. With the development of Sochi spa resort local passenger services were rapidly developing, they were carried out by the local passenger fleet on the lines of suburban and local posts: Sochi-Sukhumi, Gagra-Sochi, Tuapse-Novorossiysk, Anapa-Novorossiysk, Riviera-Sochi- Khosta. Therefore, in the same year a marine station and a quay in Khosta and Kurpark were built in the Sochi Seaport, as well as a quay on Matsesta.
In the period from 1935 to 1938, at the place of the today’s building of the marine station, the boathouse was organized for lifting boats for the wintering anchorage, as well as the ship repair building and cargo warehouse building. At the origin of the Voykov Street the passenger pavilion temporary wooden building was built.
In 1938 the technical design of the port of Sochi was drafted and approved. The total cost of all of the port constructions (not including the station) was 32.2 million rubles. In the same year the Port Administration residence was built.
In 1941 with the outbreak of World War II the construction was stopped. The Seaport of Sochi was immediately adapted to provide transport for people going to the front, as well as ammunition, weapons, equipment, supplies and repair of military ships.
In 1942 the Sochi Sea Shipping Company was liquidated and its functions were transferred to the port of Sochi.
In 1946, by the Minmorflot of the USSR order dated 10.06.1946 No. 257 the Sochi Sea Shipping Company activity was restored with the direct subordination to the Ministry of the Navy of the USSR, which included on base of the internal cost accounting the Sochi port and the attached points from Lazarevskoe to Adler inclusive.
In 1947, construction of the port of Sochi was resumed.
In 1948, construction of the cargo and the ship repair berths, which began before the war, was completed.
In 1949, the shallow gliders and bunker berths were commissioned.
In 1950, construction of the passenger berth No. 2 was completed.
In 1952, the berths for boats and gliders were built.
In 1953, by the Minmorflot of the USSR order dated 26.05.1953 No. 196-pr the Sochi Shipping Company was reorganized into the Chernomorsky State Shipping Company Agency in Sochi directly subordinated to the Chernomorsky State Shipping Company. In the same year further construction of the North and South piers was carried out.
In 1954, the Chernomorsky State Shipping Company Agency in Sochi was reorganized in the Sochi Seaport.
In 1955, under the project of K. Alabyan, academician of architecture, L. Karlik, architect, and A. Kuzmin, engineer, construction of a unique marine passenger station building was finished. Every year it received more than 600,000 passengers on line and cruise Soviet and foreign vessels.
In 1965, the volume of passenger traffic totaled nearly 1.8 million people, and by the mid-70's the port of Sochi, with 18 vessels of the Kometa type, had become the main basis for the development of high-speed passenger lines on the Azov-Black Sea basin.
In 1967, the Sochi Seaport became a member of the Novorossiysk Shipping Company. About 1 thousand people worked on it. Passenger traffic reached 2 million people, which allowed the Sochi Seaport to abandon the state subsidies.
In 1969, by the Council of Ministers of the USSR order dated 23.06.1969 No. 1268-rs the Minmorflot of the USSR proposal on the opening of the Sochi Seaport for foreign vessels was adopted.
In the period from 1980 to 1991, the main activity of the Sochi Seaport was the carriage of passengers on suburban and local traffic routes, maintenance of passenger vessels of the Chernomorsky Shipping Company and foreign cruise vessels with foreign tourists, repair of the harbor vessels, piers, terminals, port facilities and cargo handling.
In 1992, the Sochi Seaport was privatized as a part of the privatized property of the OJSC “Novorossiysk Shipping Company” and became known as the branch of the OJSC “Novorossiysk Shipping Company".
In 1994, in the Seaport of Sochi for the implementation of state port supervision the State Institution “Sochi Seaport Marine Administration” was created which acted as the port authorities.
In 1997, by the Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 26.11.1997 No. 147 the State Institution “Sochi Seaport Marine Administration” was reorganized by joining the State Institution “Novorossiysk Seaport Marine Administration” as its branch.
In 1997, a branch of the OJSC “Novoship” in the Seaport of Sochi was reorganized by separating into the OJSC “Sochi Sea Commercial Port".
In September 2003, in connection with the establishment of the FSUE “Rosmorport” in accordance with the Government of Russia decision dated 25.09.2002 No. 705 “On improvement of public administration system of the maritime trade and specialized ports” in the Seaport of Sochi by the FSUE “Rosmorport” order dated 01.09.2003 No. 15/OD the FSUE “Rosmorport” Sochi Branch was formed.
In November 2003, the OJSC “Sochi Sea Commercial Port” became a member of the “MedSruise” International Association of Mediterranean Cruise Ports as the representative of the Seaport of Sochi.
In 2004, the FSUE “Rosmorport” Sochi Branch began its business operations.
In 2008, by the Russian Government order dated 20.11.2008 No. 1724-r in the Seaport of Sochi the cargo and passenger permanent multilateral checkpoint over the state border of the Russian Federation was opened.
In March 2009, by the Government of Russia order dated 30.03.2009 No. 393-r the Seaport of Sochi borders were set.
In November 2009, by the Rosmorrechflot order dated 27.11.2009 No. AD-246-R information on the Seaport of Sochi has been recorded in the Register of the seaports of the Russian Federation.
In December 2009, in order to prepare for the 2014 Winter Olympics and the for the development of Sochi as a mountain resort by the Government of Russia decree dated 29.12.2009 No. 991 the program of Olympic venues construction and development of Sochi as a mountain resort was approved. As part of its implementation the FSUE “Rosmorport” Sochi Branch exercises the functions of the developer for the construction of the following facilities:
- Seaport of Sochi (design and survey work, reconstruction, construction of hydraulic structures);
- 8 marine terminals in the Seaport of Sochi (Imeretinka, Adler, Kurgorodok, Hosta, Matsesta, Dagomys, Loo, Lasarevskoye) (design and survey work, reconstruction, construction of hydraulic structures);
- the Seaport of Sochi cargo area in the Mzymta river mouth (design and survey work, construction of hydraulic structures).
In February 2011, by the Government of Russia order dated 25.02.2011 No. 286-r due to the inclusion of the anchorage area No. 407 near the Mzymta river mouth the borders of the Seaport of Sochi were amended.
In May 2011, by the Rosgranitsa order dated 05.05.2011 No. 80-PP the borders of the maritime cargo-passenger permanent multilateral checkpoint over the state border of the Russian Federation in the Seaport of Sochi were approved.
In June 2014 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 170 it was decided to reorganize FSE “Administration of the Black Sea Seaports” by means of inclusion of FSE “Administration of Tuapse Seaport”.
In August 2014 by Mintrans of Russia Order dated 5.08.2014 No. 219 anchorage areas for detained or arrested vessels were determined in Sochi Seaport.
In September 2014 by Government of Russia Regulation dated 29.09.2014 No. 1912-r Sochi Seaport was included into the least of seaports open for foreign vessels.
In May 2017 by Order of the Ministry of Transport of Russia dated 30.05.2017 No. 202the rules of regime in the sea cargo-passenger permanent multilateral checkpoint through the state border of the Russian Federation in Sochi Seaport (Krasnodar Territory) were approved.
Prospects for the development of the Seaport of Sochi are coming from the implementation of the Program for the Construction of Olympic Venues and Development of Sochi as a mountain resort, and with the active promotion of the Seaport of Sochi on the market of the world tourism industry, by reviving the regular maritime passenger traffic and cruise tourism on the Black Sea coast of Russia.