More than 400 cadets had navigation practical training on the Khersones sailboat in 2021
The navigation practice of 2021 has ended on the sailing training boat Khersones of FSUE “Rosmorport”. All in all, 415 cadets have successfully undergone navigation practice on the boat this year. They represent 9 maritime educational institutions: the FSFEI HE “Admiral Ushakov Maritime State University”, the Sevastopol branch of the FSFEI HE “Admiral Ushakov Maritime State University”, the Institute of Water Transport named after G.Y. Sedov – a branch of the FSFEI HE “State Maritime University named after admiral F.F. Ushakov”, the Academy of Water Transport of the Russian University of Transport (MIIT), the FSFEI HE “Volga State University of Water Transport”, the Nizhny Novgorod River School named after I.P. Kulibin, the Ufa branch of the FSFEI HE “Volga State University of Water Transport”, the SBP EE of the Republic of Crimea “Kerch maritime technical college” and the FSAEI HE “Murmansk State Technical University”.
Navigation of the sailboat to ensure navigation practice in 2021 lasted for 8 months (from April 1 to November 30), during which the Khersones covered more than 7,900 miles, visited the seaports of Yalta, Novorossiysk, Sochi. The crew and cadets took part in many social and cultural events, namely:
- writing the “Diktant Pobedy” (“Dictation of Victory”) ,
- the “Immortal Regiment on the water” in the seaport of Sevastopol,
- the “Road to Yalta” international music festival,
- a large Sevastopol officer's ball,
- celebrations dedicated to the anniversaries of the Artek International Children Center and the Orlyonok Russian Children's Center,
- the “Tavrida.ART” festival,
- the “EXTREME Crimea” international youth festival,
- the “Black Sea Memory Sails” youth historical patriotic yacht cruise.
In August 2021, the sailboat was re-equipped from classic white to red (scarlet) sails, making it the only sailboat of this size with scarlet sails. Re-equipment was carried out by the crew and cadets and took 10 days.
At the ceremonial parade at the end of the 4th shift of navigation practice, the command of the sailing boat celebrated the best cadets, and the captain gave them souvenirs.