One of the main activities of the FSUE “Rosmorport” Vanino Branch is implementation of federal investment programs, as well as capital investment programs of FSUE “Rosmorport”, aimed at development of federal facilities of port infrastructure in the seaports of De-Kastri, Lazareva Cape, Nikolaevsk-on-Amur, Okhotsk, Sovetskaya Gavan, and Vanino.
In this aspect, since 2003 to the present time the Vanino Branch within implementation of the construction customer’s functions has completed the following investment projects aimed at improving port infrastructure and the quality of services rendered to ship owners, cargo shippers and other consumers in the seaports.
In 2014 the project for construction of facilities of GMDSS A1 sea area on approaches to the seaport of De-Kastri and VTS in the seaport of De-Kastri was completed. The project implementation allowed to implement the provisions of the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, in order to improve maritime safety in the seaport of De-Kastri water area, primarily, the safety of navigation of tankers with oil cargoes proceeding from roadsteads locations where vessels are loaded in the seaport of De-Kastri.
Seaport of Vanino
In 2011, the first stage of reconstruction of the vessel traffic management system in the seaport of Vanino aimed at increasing the seaport Vanino VTS coverage area, was performed. According to the results of completed construction and installation works, a radio technical post was constructed in the Muchka Bay, obsolete equipment and software were replaced, which allowed to increase the reliability of the system and include the Muchka Bay waters in the seaport of Vanino VTS coverage area.
In 2012, the second stage of reconstruction of vessel traffic management systems in the seaport of Vanino, aimed at increasing the seaport Vanino VTS coverage area, was performed. According to the results of completed construction and installation works, a radio technical post was constructed on Kekurnaya hill, which allowed to create a system of communication with vessels on distant approaches to the seaport of Vanino and extend the seaport of Vanino VTS area by covering the seaport of Sovetskaya Gavan.
In 2014, project of reconstruction of the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System facilities in A1 and A2 sea areas on the approaches to the seaport of Vanino was completed. Implementation of the project, which was aimed at modernization of obsolete equipment, elimination of interference in functioning of the equipment in A1 sea area of the seaport of Vanino water area, expansion A2 sea area equipment operation area, enhanced the quality of GMDSS operation in the Tatar Strait.
In December 2020, in accordance with the permission of Rosmorrechflot № 27-RU27504000-ZD-39/91-2020 dated December 30, 2020 the constructed operational water areas of berths № 1 and № 2 of the transshipment complex and the water area of the turning spot with a total area of 28.7 ha and the bottom mark of -19.3 meters, intended for maneuvering and movement of vessels, were put into operation, which allowed to carry out vessel calls and safe mooring of vessels of SN-115 type with the length of 266 meters, width of 40.5 meters and draught in cargo of 15.4 meters to the berths of the transshipment complex.
Currently, within the implementation of the Federal target program “Development of Transport System of Russia (2010-2015)”, as well as own programs of capital investments for port infrastructure facilities development in the seaports of De-Kastri, Lazareva Cape, Nikolaevsk-on-Amur, Okhotsk, Sovetskaya Gavan, and Vanino, the Vanino Branch is implementing the following investment projects in the form of capital investment in coastal and port infrastructure facilities:
Seaport of Vanino
- project of reconstruction of “Vanino-Kholmsk” road-railway ferry complex coastal facilities in the seaport of Vanino. The project of reconstruction of the existing ferry complex envisages reconstruction of linkspan bridges located at berths No. 14 and No. 14a, which will allow receiving of design vessels of “CNF11CPD-LMPP-110/5” with the length of 131 m, width of 20.32 m, loaded draft of 6.6 m, design capacity of 30 railway cars or 71 automobiles, and passenger capacity of 150 people. The project implementation will significantly improve passenger and transport ferry connection of Sakhalin with the mainland, given the socio-economic importance of “Vanino-Kholmsk” ferry line to the island. In accordance with the requirements of the Russian environmental protection legislation, the project organization and the Vanino Branch have arranged public hearings for discussion of the project, including the materials on environmental impact. As a result of the discussions, the submitted materials received approval (minutes of public hearings of 15.03.2016 approved by Head of Vanino Municipal District). According to the established procedure, the drafted project documentation was submitted to the State Ecological Expertise, and received a positive conclusion of the State Ecological Expertise Board of 08.09.2016 approved by Order of Directorate of Rosprirodnadzor in the Far-Eastern Federal District No. 531 of 09.09.2016 stating its compliance to the requirements of the environmental protection legislation of the Russian Federation, as well as instructive and methodic documents in the field of environmental protection. Project documentation and the results of engineering survey submitted to Federal Autonomous Establishment “Glavgosexpertisa Rossii” have been returned for finalization. At present, the updated project documentation and the results of engineering survey due to the expiration of the positive conclusion of the state environmental expertise are being prepared for re-submission to Rosprirodnadzor.
In case positive conclusion of the State Expertise Boards is received, and necessary finances are allocated, the construction and installation works are to start in 2022.
- project for construction of a transport loading and unloading complex on the northern shore of the Muchke Bay for handling coal in the framework of a joint investment project with OOO Vanino Trans Ugol (a limited liability company). As to the enterprise's obligations, the investment project envisages dredging works in the waters of berths No. 1 and No. 2 in Vanino Seaport in 2 stages: at the first stage, in the area of 28.7 hectares with bringing the seabed level to -19.3 metres, and at the second stage, in the area of 33.7 hectares with bringing the seabed level to -21.2 metres, in order to make navigation depths safe for approach and mooring of SN-163, SN-115, SN-70 and SN-40 design vessels. Besides, the enterprise is going to arrange anchorage with the area od 10.9 square metres and seabed level of 21 ~ -30 meters to ensure safe mooring of vessels, and install a light at the pier and 6 beacon buoys.
Implementation of the project will allow to create a contemporary marine terminal for coal handling, which at the first stage (till 2020) will provide coal transshipment in the amount of 12 million tons, and after completion (till 2021) in the amount of 24 million tons. In accordance with the established procedure, the project organization held public hearings to discuss prohect materials including the materials for assessment of environmental impact. As a result of the discussions, the submitted materials were approved taking into account the remarks and suggestions of the citizens (minutes of public hearings of 10.01.2014 approved by Head of the Vanino Municipal District). The project documentation, which was amended according to the results of the public hearings, was submitted to the State Ecologial Expertise Board, and received its positive conclusion of 03.06.2014 approved by Order of Rosprirodnadzor No. 337 of 05.06.2014 stating its compliance to the environmental requirements set by the legislation of the Russian Federation in the filed of environmental protection. The project documentation and the results of the engineering findings submitted to FSI “Glavgosekspertiza of Russia” have also received a positive conclusion of the State Expertise Board No. 1701-14/GGE-8952/04 of 30.12.2014 approved by FSI “Glavgosekspertiza of Russia”. At the same time, on December 30, 2014 Federal Autonomous Establishment “Glavgosexpertisa Rossii” approved positive conclusion No 1708-14/ГГЭ-89/52/10 of December 30, 2014 to check the authenticity of the estimate cost of a capital construction facility according to the project documentation. Based on the received positive conclusions Rosmorrechflot has issued construction permit No 27-RU27504000-НЖ-39/28-2018 of July 13, 2018. Rosmorrechflot issued new construction permits in order to complete the construction and installation work of two construction phases № 27-RU27504000-ZD-39/70-2020 dated November 25, 2020 and № 27-RU27504000-ZD-39/71-2020 dated November 25, 2020, replacing the previously issued permit dated December 30, 2019.
Due to the reaching the high-altitude position of the coastal alluvial map of the project level and, as a result, the need to change the storage location of the withdrawn bottom soil to the underwater dump, a specialized organization is currently adjusting the project documentation. Amendments to the project design documentation will be submitted in due course for consideration of the state expertise.
Information on the implementation of the project is available in the section “The Port Infrastructure Facilities”.
- a project for building the second phase of a transport hub of Daltransugol JSC in the seaport of Vanino, in the Muchka Bay. Under the investment project in the chapter of liabilities, the enterprise is planning to carry out dredging operations in operational water area No 7 in the seaport of Vanino in the area of 36 ha to bringing the seabed level to minus 21.7 m in order to assure navigational depths for safe approach and mooring of SN-20 vessels to SN-163 (290 m in length, 45 m in breadth and 17.6 m in load draught) and also install four floating farewell buoys in the operational water area. The implementation of the project will help increase the capacity of the transport hub for coal transshipment of the amount till 40 million tons per year. At present, a specialized organization is dealing with design works. Subject to the successful completion of the work, receiving positive conclusions of state expertises and required financing, construction-and-assembling operations are planned to start in 2022.
- a project for building a terminal for transshipment of alumina ore mineral in the seaport of Vanino under the joint investment project with Prichal JSC. Under the investment project in the chapter of liabilities, the enterprise is planning to carry out dredging operations in the operational water area in the seaport of Vanino in the area of 15 ha to bringing the seabed level to minus 13.6 m in order to assure navigational depths for safe approach and mooring of SN-163, SN-115, SN-70 and SN-40 vessels with deadweight of 35.000-40.000 tons (292 m in length, 45 m in breadth and 17.1 m in load draught) and also install two Kolonna marine lights, replace a marine light on Berth No 3 and install a temporary marine light on Berth No 1. The implementation of the project will allow for creating a modern sea terminal for transshipment of alumina ore mineral. On the first stage it will transship alumina ore mineral in the amount of 1.5 million tons and in full development in the amount of 3 million tons. According to the established procedure under project documentation, public hearings have been held to discuss the project, including its impact on the environment. Based on the results of the hearings (the protocol approved by the Main Administration of the Vanino Municipality October 17, 2017 and the protocol approved by the acting head of the Vanino Municipality July 3, 2018) the presented materials on the impact on the environment have been approved. At present, project documentation and the results of engineering survey are considered by state expert commissions.
Subject to the receiving of positive conclusions of state expertises and required financing, construction-and-assembling operations are planned to start in the third quarter of 2020.
- a project for construction of the building of safety navigation services of the FSUE “Rosmorport” Vanino Branch. Under the project, a three-floor administrative-and-technical building is planned to be constructed with the total area of 1.335 square meters. The implementation of the project will allow for compactly placing structural units of the Vanino Branch by improving welfare of the personnel in order to increase the effectiveness of its work. At present, a specialized organization is dealing with design works.
Subject to the successful completion of the work, receiving positive conclusions of state expertises and required financing, construction-and-assembling operations are planned to start in 2021.