Vessel traffic system Saint-Petersburg has been re-certified
Based on the results of the survey by Rosmorrechflot, the FSUE “Rosmorport” North-Western Basin Branch received certificate No. VTS-3/1-3243-2021 dated December 27, 2021 on the compliance of the Saint-Petersburg VTS with the requirements of IMO Resolution A.857(20) and the order No. 226 dated July 23, 2015 of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation, required for vessel traffic control systems of the highest category.
Saint-Petersburg VTS has already successfully passed surveys in 2009 and 2016, as a result of which the company was issued the appropriate certificates of compliance with the current requirements for the operation of the equipment.
Saint-Petersburg VTS includes: the center of vessel traffic control system (Petergof), the subcenter of vessel traffic control system (St. Petersburg) and 11 automated radio posts.
Using Saint-Petersburg VTS, the North-Western Basin Branch provides vessels with complex navigation services around the clock and carries out:
- detection of vessels on the approaches to Saint-Petersburg VTS coverage area, establishing communication with them, obtaining data on the vessel;
- transfer of navigational, operational and other information to vessels at the initiative of operators of Saint-Petersburg VTS or at the request of the vessel;
- assistance in navigation;
- organization of vessel traffic, including planning and establishment of vessel traffic regimes in Saint-Petersburg VTS coverage area in the seaports of the Big Port of St. Petersburg and the Passenger Port of St. Petersburg;
- control over the movement of vessels and the position of vessels at anchorages in the waters of the seaports of Big Port of St. Petersburg and Passenger Port of St. Petersburg.
Annually more than 73.2 thousand vessels are in the area of Saint-Petersburg VTS coverage area, of which more than 34.1 thousand call at the seaports of the Big Port of St. Petersburg and the Passenger Port of St. Petersburg, and almost 14.3 thousand follow in transit through Saint-Petersburg VTS coverage area.
Additional information on the conditions and procedure for the provision of navigation services by the North-Western Basin Branch using Saint-Petersburg VTS is available in the section "Navigation services of the North-Western Basin Branch using the VTS".