Compulsory Regulations in Moskalvo Seaport Approved
12.03.2014By the Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 12.12.2013 No. 462 the Compulsory Regulations in Moskalvo Seaport were approved.
The Compulsory Regulations in Moskalvo Seaport stipulate:
- rules for calls and exits of vessels, as well as rules for navigation in Moskalvo Seaport water area;
- rules for provision of environmental safety and quarantine in Moskalvo Seaport;
- rules for the usage of special communication devices in the territory and water area of the Moskalvo Seaport.
Also the Compulsory Regulations in Moskalvo Seaport contain information about:
- Moskalvo Seaport technical capacities regarding admission of vessels, and also minimal amount and power of tow boats necessary for mooring operations in the seaport;
- compulsory pilotage area in Moskalvo Seaport;
- transmission of navigation and weather information to masters of vessels staying in Moskalvo Seaport, as well as transmission of information by masters of vessels staying in the seaport in case of threat of illegal intrusive activities in the seaport.
In comparison with the former Compulsory Regulations in Moskalvo commercial seaport, which were approved by the FSI “Sakhalin Seaport Administration” in 2007, the new edition had been brought in line with the unified requirements of the Ministry of Transport of Russia to the structure and content of compulsory regulations in the seaports of the Russian Federation.
In particular, the Compulsory Regulations in Moskalvo Seaport lay down the new rules for the towing of vessels including the dumb ones for which only alongside towing is allowed.
Besides, the new document unlike the previous compulsory regulations sets the new place of receipt/departure of a pilot to the vessel, as well as the new requirements for the minimum number of mooring masters providing mooring of a vessel to the berth, the amount of which depends on the vessel's gross tonnage.
The Ministry of Transport of Russia order approving the new Compulsory Regulations in Moskalvo Seaport is to become effective in accordance with the applicable procedure within 10 days from the date of its official publication.