New Compulsory Regulations in Poronaysk Seaport Approved
24.02.2014By the Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 12.12.2013 No. 461 the Compulsory Regulations in Poronaysk Seaport were approved.
The Compulsory Regulations in Poronaysk Seaport stipulate:
- rules for port calls and exits of vessels from Poronaysk Seaport;
- rules for navigation in Poronaysk Seaport water area and mooring of vessels with indication of their berths;
- rules for provision of environmental safety and quarantine in Poronaysk Seaport;
- rules for the usage of special communication devices in the territory and water area of the Poronaysk Seaport.
Also the Compulsory Regulations in Poronaysk Seaport contain information about:
- seaport capacities regarding admission of vessels, information on depth and fairways of Poronaysk Seaport;
- boundaries of the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System A1 area covering Poronaysk Seaport;
- transmission of navigation and weather information to masters of vessels staying in Poronaysk Seaport, as well as transmission of information in case of threat of illegal intrusive activities in the seaport,
and other information stipulated by the merchant shipping legislation of the Russian Federation.
In comparison with the former Compulsory Regulations in Poronaysk Commercial Seaport and Vladimirovo, Ozernoe and Komrvo raid timber loading points approved by FSI “Sakhalin Seaport Administration” in 2005, the new edition has undergone drastic changes in order to meet the unified requirements of the Ministry of Transport of Russia to the structure and content of compulsory regulations in the seaports of the Russian Federation.
In particular, according to the new Compulsory Regulations in Poronaysk Seaport, unlike the previous ones, in Poronaysk Seaport towing is not allowed for the vessels when the wave is higher than 1.5 meters, the maximum vessel speed is six knots in the “Internal waters” area, and also the small size, sports sailing and pleasure boats are prohibited to sail in this area of Poronaysk Seaport when the visibility is less than 100 meters.
Besides, the new document has annulled the requirement on registration by the seaport captain of the calls and exits from Poronaysk Seaport of the local sailing vessels, and the permitted period for the navigation of such vessels in the waters and beyond with the return to Poronaysk Seaport issued by the seaport captain is limited to 90 days or the period of validity of any of the vessel papers.
The Ministry of Transport of Russia order approving the new Compulsory Regulations in Poronaysk Seaport is to become effective in accordance with the applicable procedure within 10 days from the date of its official publication.