Ensuring the development of the port infrastructure facilities and the fleet in the seaports of Alexandrovsk-Sakhalinsky, Korsakov, Nevelsk, Poronaysk, Prigorodnoye, Telnovsk, Kholmsk and Shakhtersk, including for the purposes of implementation of the federal target programs for developing the coast port infrastructure facilities in Sakhalin Region is one of the major activities of the FSUE “Rosmorport” Sakhalin Branch.
For the period from 2005 to the present day the Sakhalin Branch has carried out the following.
In October 2016 pursuant to Rosmorrechflot License No 65-RU6535000-KS-3932-2016 of October 17, 2016 a newly built automated radio technical post, the Portovy, designed for exercising control over navigation and increasing the level of navigation safety in the water area of the seaport of Korsakov was put into operation.
In 2009 in order to ensure navigation safety on the approaches toward and in the water area of the seaport of Prigorodnoye where the oil terminals, as well as liquefied natural gas terminal for the gas from Russia’s first facility for its production, are located the Sakhalin Branch built and put into operation the vessel tracking management system of Aniva Bay.
In 2009 in pursuance of the federal target program, “Modernization of Russia’s Transport System (2002-2010)”, in accordance with State Contract No 43-06/502/ODR-DP of August 10, 2006, within which FSUE “Rosmorport” has acted as project manager-developer, the reconstruction of the approach canal and the boot basin protecting structures, as well as the coal berth in the seaport of Shakhtersk has been completed. The implementation of this project made it possible to perform handling of vessels with emplacement of about 6.000 tons and load draught of at least 4.5 meters directly at the coal berth in the seaport. Now the capacity of berthing facilities allows for transshipment of up to one million tons of cargoes per year.
At present, the Sakhalin Branch is realizing the following investment projects in the form of investments in the coast port infrastructure facilities under the federal target program, “The Development of Russia’s Transport System (2010-2020)”, and the enterprise’s own investment programs on the development of the port infrastructure facilities in the seaports of Sakhalin Island:
- the third stage project for development of the vessel tracking management system of Aniva Bay. The implementation of this project envisions the construction of the Krilion automated radio technical post in the area of Dalnyaya Mountain (four kilometers north of Cape Krilion) in order to exercise control over navigation and increase the level of navigation safety of vessels following to the seaports of Korsakov, Prigorodnoye, Poronaysk and Moskalvo in the open part of Aniva Bay and La Perouse Strait adjacent to it. Developed project documentation on the construction of the Krilion automated radio technical post was considered and approved at public hearings in October 2012 (Public Hearings Minutes of October 19, 2012). According to the established procedure project documentation submitted to the State Expert Appraisal Board has gotten Positive Conclusion No 079-13/XGE-1231/02 of May 07, 2013. The conclusion has been approved by the Khabarovsk Branch of FAI “Glavgosexpertiza of Russia”. Under Rosmorrechflot Resolution No AD-200-r of July 09, 2013 project documentation has been approved. In January 2014 the Sakhalin Branch received Construction Permit No RU 65502006001-272/14 of January 30, 2014 issued by the architecture and urban development department of Nevelsk Urban District Administration. The permit is valid till January 30, 2016.
Due to the necessity to implement advanced equipment for the system it was necessary to make corrections to the project. At present, the project organization is finalizing the project documentation, which will be submitted to the State Expert Appraisal Board, according to the established procedure. Subject to positive conclusions made by the State Expert Appraisal Board and provision of the necessary financial assets the construction and installation works are expected to be started in 2019.
- a project for reconstructing the Southern Harbor entrance breakwaters of the seaport of Kholmsk. The reconstruction of these facilities will allow for vessel handling in the midst of an unfavorable weather situation. Project documentation has been providing positive findings by the State Expert Appraisal Board and approved by Order No 709 of November 21, 2014 issued by the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Nature Management for the Far Eastern Federal District. FAI “Glavgosexpertiza of Russia” has approved the State Expert Appraisal Board Positive Findings No 327-15/GTE-9803/04 of March 11, 2015 in respect of design documentation and following the results of engineering surveys and State Expert Appraisal Board Positive Findings on the evaluation of budgeted cost of an infrastructure facility under Project Documentation No 347-15/GTE-9803/10 of March 13, 2015. Project documentation has been approved by Rosmorrechflot Resolution No AD-165-r of May 19, 2015. In June 2017 Rosmorrechflot issued Construction Permit No 65-RU65312000-NZh-39/27-2017 of June 01, 2017. The permit is valid till October 31, 2019. At present, a general contracting organization, which will carry out construction and installation works, is being selected on a competitive basis. Subject to necessary budget investments the construction and installation works are planned to be started in 2018.
- a project for reconstructing shore facilities of the Vanino-Kholmsk automobile and railway ferry service in the seaport of Kholmsk. The implementation of this project envisions reconstruction of the facilities of the first and second launchers in order to increase transshipment of cargoes and passenger capacity in the seaport and to expand technical possibilities of a ferry complex for handling ro/ro cargoes. At present, the project organization has carried out engineering surveys and design works. In April 2016 the developer jointly with the administration of Kholmsk Urban District Municipal Entity held public hearings on project and budgeted cost documentation on the project with assessment of the impact on the environment. Following their results (the minutes of April 04, 2016 approved by the administration head of Kholmsk Urban District Municipal Entity ) submitted project documentation, including the materials on the environmental impact evaluation, has been approved. The developed project documentation has been sent to appropriate federal executive agencies for coordination and will be submitted to the State Expert Appraisal Board and to the State Expert Construction Appraisal for consideration according to the established procedure. Subject to positive conclusions drawn by the State Expert Appraisal Board and provision of necessary funding the construction and installation works are expected to be started in the third quarter of 2018.
- a project for reconstructing the NAVTEX system in the seaport of Kholmsk to provide reliable information on navigation safety (navigational warnings, information on the hydro meteorological and ice situation, information on dangerous calamities, including storm warnings) to navigators in the southern part of Tatar Strait. Project concepts envision complete replacement of the system’s technological equipment, including transmission equipment and TL antennas, as well as organization of a reliable communications channel between the control unit and the NAVTEX coastal station. The implementation of planned events will help increase the level of navigation safety in Russia’s responsibility area in the Tatar Strait. According to the established procedure the results of engineering survey and project documentation are submitted to the FAI “Glavgosexpertiza of Russia” Khabarovsk Branch for reviewing, under the results of which the State Expert Appraisal Board has provide Positive Findings No 192-15/HGE-1827/05 of September 02, 2015 on design documentation and the results of engineering survey. FAI “Glavgosexpertiza of Russia” Khabarovsk Branch Conclusion No 011-16/HGE-1827/04 of January 11, 2016 has approved a positive conclusion on the validity check of budgeted cost of a facility under reconstruction. The Kholmsk Urban District Municipal Entity administration department for architecture and urban development has issued Construction Permit No 65-312000-06-2016 of March 25, 2016. The permit is valid till July 25, 2016.
Information on the implementation of the project has been presented in the Section, “Port Infrastructure Facilities”.
- the second stage project for reconstructing an approach canal and the coal berth in the seaport of Shakhtersk in order to extend the coal berth up to 185 meters and deepen the approach channel up to 10.3 meters. The implementation of this project will allow for handling of vessels with emplacement of 10.000 tons and loaded draught of no more than 8.7 meters. At present, the feasibility study is being finalized for following design works. In case of positive conclusions made by the State Expert Appraisal Board being received and subject to provision of necessary funds the construction and installation works are scheduled for 2021.