Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Seaport Celebrates Russian Navy Day
The FSUE “Rosmorport” Petropavlovsk Branch has taken part in the celebrations devoted to the Russian Navy Day.
The Akademik Kovalev naval ship, counter-terror boats, a surveying motorboat, a towing vessel and a crane boat of Russia’s Navy Pacific Fleet have moored to Passenger Berth No 5 of the Petropavlovsk Branch. The vessels have been opened for visits by residents of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and guests of the city.
A celebratory meeting has been held on the square in front of the sea terminal building and a memorial plate in commemoration of defenders of the Petropavlovsk harbor in 1854 from superior forces of the united English-French fleet with the marine corps aboard has been opened on the sea terminal building face in a solemn atmosphere. The defense of Petropavlovsk is one of the remarkable battles of the Crimean war and the second half of the XIX century.
The opening ceremony involved Kamchatka Territory Governor Vladimir Ilyukhin, Chairman of the Legislative Assembly of Kamchatka Territory Valery Rayenko, commander of troops and forces in Russia’s Northwest Rear Admiral Alexander Yuldashev and other officials, including representatives of Kamchatka Territory Young Army.
A silent drill platoon – the 40th separate marine brigade of Russia’s Navy, twice decorated with the Order of the Red Banner has marched in review in front of the guests.