Changes in the Seaport of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Boundaries
By Order No. 1028-r dated 26.05.2016 of the Russian Federation Government changes were introduced to the Seaport of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky territory boundaries.
Correction of the boundaries is connected with inclusion to the seaport of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky of land plots intended for the construction and reconstruction of federal property facilities in Nikolskoye village of the Aleutsky District of the Kamchatka Territory within the investment project implemented by Petropavlovsk Branch of FSUE “Rosmorport”.
The project envisages the construction of hydraulic part with the root part in the area of the existing pier with access to depths of 5.5 meters, sufficient for receiving cargo-passenger vessels with a draft up to 3.7 meters, as well as the construction of the checkpoint facility – vehicular and pedestrian checkpoint, building for security, combined with seasonal waiting room and rigging warehouse.
This project implementation will provide stable cargo and passenger sea traffic between Commander Islands and Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky during the navigation period, and will also increase the number of port calls of vessels on foreign voyage.
Currently, the project documentation is sent for the state ecological expertise. Start of construction and installation work, in case of a positive conclusion of the state environmental and building expertise for the project documentation and the allocation of the necessary funding, is scheduled for 2018.
The Petropavlovsk branch uses 11 land plots with total area of 8.3 hectares in the seaport of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, which is 6% of the total area of the seaport.