FSUE “Rosmorport” receives new certificate of conformity of Tuapse VTMS
Following the results of Rosmorrechflot’s inspection FSUE “Rosmorport” has received a new certificate of conformity of the Tuapse vessel tracking management system to the requirements of IMO Resolution A 857(20) and Russia’s Transport Ministry Order No 226 of July 23, 2015 imposed on VTMS I Category – Certificate No VTS-3/1-3013-2017 of February 20, 2017.
Earlier, in 2009 and 2012, Tuapse VTMS also successfully underwent the examination on the results of which the enterprise had been received the relative certificates of its conformity to the existing requirements imposed on the operation of this equipment.
The single complex of Tuapse VTMS includes the VTMS center integrated into the RP-2 located in the seaport of Tuapse and the remote RP-1 located on the Pauk Mountain.
By using Tuapse VTMS vessels in its coverage area are provided comprehensive navigational services and the system carries out the following functions:
- detecting vessels on the approaches toward the coverage area of VTMS, establishes communication with them and receives data on a vessel;
- providing vessels navigational, operative and other information on the initiative of VTMS operators or at the request of a vessel;
- providing aid to vessel navigation;
- organizing the movement of vessels, including planning and the establishment of modes of vessel movement in the coverage area of the VTMS;
- controlling the movement of vessels and the positioning of vessels on anchoring stations and single mooring points.
Every year the coverage area of Tuapse VTMS monitors over 15,000 vessels and about 1,500 vessels make calls at the seaport of Tuapse.
More information on the terms and the procedure for rendering navigational services by the Azovo-Chernomorsky Basin Branch with the use of Tuapse VTMS can be found in the section “Azovo-Chernomorsky BasinBranch VTS Services”.