Novorossiysk VTMS successfully undergoes regular survey
Based on the results of Rosmorrechflot’s survey FSUE “Rosmorport” has obtained a new Certificate No VTS-3/1-3014-2017 of March 16, 2017 of conformity of the Novorossiysk vessel tracking management system with the requirements of IMO Resolution A.857(20) and Russia’s Transport Ministry Order No 226 of July 23, 2015. These requirements have been imposed on Highest Quality VTMS.
Novorossiysk VTMS includes the control center of VTMS located in the seaport of Novorossiysk and four remote radar posts – the Penai radar post, the Doob radar post, the Gelendzhik radar post and the Yuzhnaya Ozereyevka radar post. The radar posts are located along the Black Sea.
Earlier, in 2009 and 2012, Novorossiysk VTMS also successfully underwent the survey on the results of which the enterprise had been issued relevant certificates of its conformity with the existing requirements that have been imposed on this equipment.
In 2016 equipment and software of Novorossiysk VTMS was modernized which allowed the enterprise to considerably increase quality of navigational services rendered by the Azovo-Chernomorsky Basin Branch in the seaport of Novorossiysk and on the approaches toward it.
Vessels in the area of Novorossiysk VTMS are provided with comprehensive navigational services. Novorossiysk VTMS allows for:
- detecting vessels on the approaches toward the area of VTMS, establishing contact with them and obtaining data on a vessel;
- transmitting navigational, operative and other information on the initiative of VTMS operators or at the request of a vessel;
- providing aid to marine navigation;
- organizing movement of vessels, including planning and establishing ship motion in the VTMS area;
- controlling movement of vessels and positioning of vessels at anchoring stations and remote berth units.
Every year on the average over 43,000 transport vessels visit the Novorossiysk VTMS area.
More information on the terms and procedure for functioning Novorossiysk VTMS and rendering navigational services can be found in the section “Azovo-Chernomorsky Basin Branch VTS Services”.