The Kola Gulf VTS successfully undergoes recertification
In accordance with the certification results carried out by the specialized organization of FSUE "Rosmorport" Murmansk Branch received a Rosmorrechflot certificate No. VTS-3/1-3215-2021 dated 21.04.2021 on Kola Gulf VTS compliance with the technical and operational requirements for the VTS of highest category, established by order of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation No. 226 dated 23.07.2015 and IMO Resolution А.857 (20).
Previously, in 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 and 2016, the Kola Gulf VTS also successfully passed certifications for compliance with the technical and operational requirements for the VTS.
The Kola Gulf VTS includes: VTS center (Murmansk), Abram-Mys RTP, Abram-Mys RTP, Mishukovo RTP, Krestoviy RTP, Set-Navolok RTP and Obzor RTP.
Obzor RTP, which became part of the Kola Gulf VTS in 2021, is a 25 meter high metal tower with radio equipment on it, in particular, the Russian-made NEVA-B aircraft, which completely covers the area of the seaport of Murmansk in the southern part of the Kola Gulf. The RTP also includes a northern container for the technological and telecommunication equipment. For more Information on the construction of Obzor RTP, see the section "Current projects for the development of port facilities of the Murmansk Branch".
Using the Kola Gulf VTS, the vessels in the area of its operation are provided with comprehensive navigation services, namely:
- detection of vessels on approaches to the areas of operation of the Kola Gulf VTS, establishment of communication with them, receipt of data on the vessel;
- transfer of navigation, operational and other information to vessels at the initiative of the operators of the Kola Gulf VTS or at the request of the vessel;
- assistance in navigation;
- organization of traffic, including planning and establishment of traffic regimes for vessels in the areas of operation of the Kola Gulf VTS;
- control over the movement of vessels and the position of vessels at anchorages and raid transshipment complexes.
Each year, the operators of the Kola Gulf VTS provide more than 80 thousand pilotage operations for vessels located in the area of the Kola Gulf VTS operation.
For more information on the conditions and procedure for the provision of navigation services by the Murmansk Branch using the Kola Gulf VTS, see the section "VTS services".