FSUE “Rosmorport” Arkhangelsk Branch receives recognition certificate
Following the survey conducted by Russian Maritime Register of Shipping, the FSUE “Rosmorport” Arkhangelsk Branch has received a recognition certificate dated 12.09.2023 No. 23.03.01.01632, which recognizes that the branch performs the following works in accordance with the requirements of RMRS:
- shore-based maintenance and repair of GDMSS radio equipment in compliance with requirements of regulation IV/15 of SOLAS-74 as amended and IMO Resolution A.702(17);
- servicing and testing of radio equipment on board the vessel or Mobile Offshore Drilling Units and Fixed Offshore Platforms for conformity with the requirements of SOLAS-74 as amended (preliminary examination of equipment);
- installation, commissioning, maintenance and repairing of radio and navigational equipment, replacement of built-in power supply components, programming of radio equipment;
- annual testing of emergency beacons of the COSPAS-SARSAT satellite system;
- shore-based maintenance of emergency beacons of the COSPAS-SARSAT satellite system;
- inspection, testing and maintenance of automatic identification system equipment.
Having received the certificate, the Arkhangelsk Branch will now be able independently, without involving third-party organizations, to carry out the entire range of work on annual maintenance and testing of radio and navigation equipment, including GDMSS radio equipment on vessels of the Arkhangelsk Branch with the RMRS class. This will significantly reduce the costs of the branch for these purposes, as well as improve the quality and efficiency of the corresponding work.
In the near future, the Arkhangelsk Branch plans to expand its competence in this area by organizing training of specialists of the branch from new manufacturers of ship radio equipment, as well as, if the relevant services are in demand, to provide them and perform work on maintenance of ship radio and navigation equipment in the interests of shipowners on a commercial basis.