Arkhangelsk VTS passed another certification
In accordance with the certification results carried out by the Rosmorrechflot Commission, the Arkhangelsk Branch of FSUE Rosmorport received a certificate No. VTS-3/1-3191-2020 dated 23.10.2020 on Arkhangelsk VTS compliance with the technical and operational requirements for the higher VTMS category, established by Order of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation No. 226 dated 23.07.2015 and IMO Resolution А.857 (20).
In 1996, 1998, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 and 2015, Arkhangelsk VTS was already successfully recertified, and as a result of such certifications the company received relevant certificates on its compliance with the current requirements for the operation of this equipment.
This year, the fourth radio post, RTP-4 (SMP), which equipment located in Arkhangelsk in the administrative building, became the part of the Arkhangelsk VTS.
This RTP is designed to cover the southern part of the area of operation of the Arkhangelsk VTS with VHF and AIS.
Therefore, today the Arkhangelsk VTS includes VTS Center (Economy) and four radio posts: RTP-1 (Economy), RTP-2 (Mudyug), RTP-3 (Talagi) and RTP-4 (SMP).
Through the Arkhangelsk VTS which operates 24/7, the Arkhangelsk Branch provides vessels with comprehensive navigation services and carries out:
- vessel detection on approaches to the area of operation of the Arkhangelsk VTS, establishing communication with them and obtaining data on the vessel;
- transfer of navigation, meteorological, operational and other information to vessels;
- assistance in navigation at the request of the captain of the vessel or by decision of the Arkhangelsk VTS operator;
- organization and regulation of vessel traffic in accordance with the daily schedule for the movement and placement of vessels in the seaport of Arkhangelsk, approved by the captain of the seaport of Arkhangelsk;
- control over the movement of vessels and their position at anchorages in the waters of the seaport of Arkhangelsk.
Every year more than 23 thousand vessels are in the area of operation of the Arkhangelsk VTS, and more than 2.1 thousand of which visits the seaport of Arkhangelsk.
For more information on the conditions and procedure for the provision of navigation services by the Arkhangelsk Branch with the use of the Arkhangelsk VTS see the section "VTS services of the Arkhangelsk Branch".