Compulsory Regulations in Onega Seaport Approved
18.03.2014By Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 22.01.2014 No. 13 the Compulsory Regulations in Onega Seaport were approved.
The Compulsory Regulations in Onega Seaport stipulate:
- rules for calls and exits of vessels, as well as rules for navigation and mooring of vessels in the Onega Seaport water area;
- rules for provision of environmental safety and quarantine in Onega Seaport;
- rules for the usage of special communication devices in the territory and water area of Onega Seaport.
Also the Compulsory Regulations in Onega Seaport contain information about:
- compulsory pilotage area in Onega Seaport;
- roads, coastal navigation signs and fairways of the seaport with the description of the Onega Seaport water area;
- boundaries of GMDSS areas A1 and A2;
- technical capacities of the seaport regarding admission of vessels, and also information on the roads oil transshipment complex “Osinki”;
- transmission of navigation and weather information to masters of vessels staying in Onega Seaport, as well as transmission of information in case of threat of illegal intrusive activities in the seaport,
and other information required by the Russian trade shipping legislation.
In comparison with the former Compulsory Regulations in Onega seaport and Solovki port point, which were approved by the FSUE “Onega Sea Trade Port” on 15.06.2003, the new edition of the document had been brought in line with the unified requirements of the Ministry of Transport of Russia to the structure and content of compulsory regulations in the seaports of the Russian Federation.
In particular, the new document has set unified rules for provision of navigation safety and order within the territory and the water area of the seaport in the Onega River estuary, and also within the boundaries of the Solovki marine terminal located in the Blagopoluchiya harbor of Solovetsky Bay of the White Sea, and the Belomorsk marine terminal located in the upper part of the Sorokskaya Mouth of Onega Bay, and the “Osinki” roads oil transshipment complex. Besides, the new Compulsory Regulations in comparison with their previous edition, allow to submit oily mixtures, oily remains and sewage to specialized garbage vessels in Onega Seaport.
The Ministry of Transport of Russia order approving the new Compulsory Regulations in Onega Seaport is to become effective in accordance with the applicable procedure within 10 days from the date of its official publication.