Leading diesel-electric icebreaker with the power of 16 MW (LK16) (vessel #1)
- operating as a lead ice breaker with high maneuvering and ice breaking capabilities (can move steadily in ice up to 1.5m thick);
- towage of vessels in ice and in ice-free water;
- providing assistance to vessels and conducting rescue operations in ice and in ice-free water;
- delivering necessary equipment and participating in oil leaks liquidation operations using onboard equipment;
- conducting underwater technical operations using onboard equipment and special systems at drilling and oil-extracting platforms, laying of underwater pipelines, exploration of sea bottom, conducting search and rescue operations;
- operating as a firefighting vessel during fire extinguishing at vessels, drilling and oil-extracting vessels;
- conducting other special works at sea.
Vessel rank: KM Icebreaker6  AUT1-ICS FF2 EPP ECO BWM HELIDECK Special purpose ship;
max length – 119,4 m;
max width – 27,5 m;
min draught - 8,5 m;
delivered power - 17,4 mW;
ice breaking capability (steady movement in continuous ice field) – 1,5 m ice thickness;
speed in ice-free water - 17 knots.
JSC Ob’edinyennaya Stroitel’naya Korporatsiya
December 2, 2011 No. 78-GK/11
December 2011 – advance payment made at the rate of 30% of the contract value.
January-September 2012 – vessel construction documentation elaborated, suppliers of equipment for the ice breaker agreed with FSUE “Rosmorport”.
October 2012 - keel laid down(two bottom stations #0901 and 1001 weighing in total 152.5 tons installed), elaboration of documentation and negotiation of suppliers with FSUE "Rosmorport" continued.
November-February 2012 – metal cutting, formation and welding of bottom sections on staple. Elaboration of documentation and negotiation of equipment supply with FSUE "Rosmorport" continued.
March 2013 – blocks 9, 10 laid down. Sections of blocks 11, 12 being manufactured. Vessel construction progress at the end of the month – 7,6%.
April 2013 – welding and assembling of blocks 9, 10 completed. Sections of blocks 1, 3, 4 being manufactured. Vessel construction progress at the end of the month – 11,7%.
May 2013 – welding and assembling of blocks 7, 8 completed. Sections of blocks 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 being manufactured. Vessel construction progress at the end of the month – 12,86%.
June 2013 – welding and assembling of blocks 11, 12 completed. Sections of blocks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 being manufactured. Vessel construction progress at the end of the month – 17,7%.
9 May, 2015