Seaports

Show allHide all
West coast of the Sakhalin Island (50º37´ N 142º08´ E), the Tartar Straits, Russia

• Seaport territory size
• Seaport water area size
• Number of berths
• Length of the berth wall
• Total cargo terminals cargo flow capacity
     including:
     – bulk
• Maximum dimensions of ships calling at the seaport:
     – draught
     – length
     – width
     – transport vessels are worked on the roads
• Closed-in warehouses area size
• Open warehouses area size

4.41 hectares;
0.02 hectares;
4 items;
440 m;
420 thous. tons per year;

420  thous. tons per year;

1.90 m;
34.20 m;
7.20 m;

no;
19.35 thous. sq. m.

ZAO Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky Morskoy Torgovy Port
ZAO Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky Morskoy Torgovy Port
ZAO Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky Morskoy Torgovy Port
Address: 27-A Kommunistichesky Prospekt, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 42-36-29; +7 (4242) 42-91-44 Fax: +7 (4242) 71-21-98 0
Address: 20 Institutskaya St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 71-47-01; Fax: +7 (4242) 72-22-32 0
Address: 42 Sakhalinskaya St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone/Fax: +7 (4242) 72-32-82 0
Address: 129 Lenina St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 72-55-85; Fax: +7 (4242) 49-85-67 0

     The first records of the place, where the Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky seaport is presently located, date back to 1853, when a sailor, geologist and geographer Rimsky-Korsakov prepared 15 thousand poods of coal for his ship the Vostok near Cape Due (not far from Aleksandrovsk).
 
     In 1862 a merchant settlement Aleksandrovka (named after the Russian Emperor Aleksander II) was built not far from that place, and in 1881 a military post was established there.
 
     In 1885 a berth for mooring vessels and loading coal was constructed in the place of the contemporary seaport. This is when the story of the Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky seaport begins.
 
     In 1939 a port boot basin was built in the seaport of Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky for protecting harbor fleet working on the roads, and also for performing loading and unloading works.
 
     In 1951 by the USSR Cabinet Decree dated 06.11.1951 No. 4393-1972s the Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky seaport was opened for international traffic. 

     In 1958 a southern mall (berth No. 4) was built instead of a crib structure, and also berth #3 was reconstructed. 

     In 1980 the eastern highway (berth No. 2) was built.
 
     From 1950s to 1990s the Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky seaport was one of the largest enterprises of the town of Aleksandrovsk. Provision from the Vanino seaport was delivered through the Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky seaport to the northern part of Sakhalin to Aleksandrovsky, Tymovsky and Nogliksky areas. The cargo was represented by all kinds of food, general cargo, oil products. Shipping of wood, scrap metal and coal for export was performed in the seaport.
 
     From 1990 till present production of wood has been decreasing, and shipping of wood stopped due to its infeasibility, shipping of coal has also been decreasing, as there are no long-term development plans for the coal industry.
 
     In 1993 in the framework of privatization AOOT Aleksandrovsky na Sakhaline Morskoy Port was created on the basis of the seaport property.
 
     In 1993 by Cabinet-Government of Russia Decree dated 06.03.1993 No. 207 the Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky seaport was included into the list of seaports through which cargo is transported to the far north and areas equaled to it.
 
     In 2000 by SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" order dated 10.03.2000 No. 22 its Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky Branch was created on the basis of property not liable to privatization, and also in order to execute powers of administrative authority in the seaport.
 
     In 2001 in connection with the merger of sea administration of the seaports of Korsakov, Kholmsk and Shakhtersk, SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" was founded, and its Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky Branch was created in the seaport.
 
     In 2003 in accordance with Government of Russia Decree dated 25.09.2002 No. 705 in the framework of reformation of the state management system in the seaports FSUE "Rosmorport" was created, and in September of that year, by FSUE "Rosmorport" order dated 29.09.2003 No. 27/OD the FSUE "Rosmorport" Sakhalin Branch was created.
 
     In 2004 North Division of the FSUE "Rosmorport" Sakhalin Branch started to conduct economic activities in the seaport of Akeksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky.
 
     In 2005 in accordance with the Rosmorrechflot regulation dated 28.03.2005 No. VR-101-r and SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" order dated 26.04.2005 No. 36, SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" was renamed into FSE "Administration of the Sakhalin seaports" and changes were made to the statutory documents. Consecuently, the administration’s branch was renamed into the Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky Branch of FSE "Administration of the Sakhalin seaports". 

     In October 2009, according to FSE "Administration of the Sakhalin seaports" order dated 26.10.2009 No.113 the North Branch was created, and started to function as port authorities in the seaport of Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky, and some other seaports of Sakhalin.

In December 2009 by Government of Russia order dated 16.12.2009 No. 1979-r the borders of the seaport of Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky were set.
 
     In May 2010 by Rosmorrechflot order dated 31.05.2010 No. AD-135-r the seaport of Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky was included into the Seaports Registry of the Russian Federation.
 
     In July 2010 the border checkpoint in the seaport of Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky by Government of Russia Decree dated 15.07.2010 No. 521 was included into the list of border checkpoints, through which certain types of commodities (customs commodity codes 4401, 4403, 4404, 4406) leave the territory of the Russian Federation.
 
    In March 2012 by Ministry of Helath and Social Development of Russia order dated 07.03.2012 No. 207n the checkpoint through the state border of the Russian Federation in Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinskiy Seaport was included into the list of checkpoints through the state border of the Russian Federation, where sanitary and quarantine suprevision over people, vehicles, cargo and imported regulated commodities arriving (departing) at the terriroty of the Russian Federation.

     In May 2012 by Rosmorrechflot order dated 28.05.2012 No. 67, with the aim to implement the Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 09.12.2012 No. 277 "On approving rules of vessels and vessels rights registration in the seaports", the seaport of Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky was given seaport number 01 and abbreviation AS.

    In December 2012 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 13.12.2012 No. 428 new Compulsory Regulations in Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinskiy Seaport were approved. They stipulate rules of navigation safety, mooring and secutrity in the seaport, which are compulsory for all people and vessels.

    In May 2013 Ministry of Health of Russia order dated 12.11.2012 No. 904n cancelled Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia order dated 07.03.2012 No. 207n, in accordance with the checkpoint through the state border of the Russian Federation in Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinskiy Seaport had been included into the list of checkpoints through the state border of the Russian Federation, where sanitary and quarantine suprevision over people, vehicles, cargo and imported regulated commodities arriving (departing) at the terriroty of the Russian Federation.
 
     In June 2014 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 170 it was decided to reorganize FSE “Administration of Sakhalin Seaport” by means of inclusion of FSE “Administration of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Seaport”, and to rename it into FSU “Administration of the seaports of Sakhalin, Kurils and Kamchatka” after completion of the reorganizational procedures.

      In September 2014 by Government of Russia Regulation dated 29.09.2014 No. 1912-r Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinskiy Seaport was included into the least of seaports open for foreign vessels.

     In November 2014 by Rosmorrechflot Regulation dated 20.11.2014 No. AD-443-r amendments were made to the Statute of FSE “Administration of Sakhalin Seaports” in execution of the Mintrans of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 171. In particular, the establishment was renamed into federal state budgetary establishment “Administration of the Sakhalin, Kuriles and Kamchatka Seaports”.

     The prospects of development of the Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky seaport are connected to development of coal mines, and development of wood processing in the Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinsky area of Sakhalin.

Seaport Scheme

Top part of Nevelsky Bay (47003’ N, 142002’ E), the Japanese Sea, Khlomsk area, Sakhalin Region

• Seaport territory size
• Seaport water area size
• Number of berths
• Length of the berth wall
• Total cargo terminals cargo flow capacity
     including:
     – liquid
     – bulk
     – container
• Passenger terminals flow capacity
• Maximum dimensions of ships calling at the seaport:
     – draught
     – length
     – width
      – transport vessels are workd on the roads
• Closed-in warehouses area size
• Open warehouses area size
• Capacity of containers for oil products

48.89 hectares;
15.62 hectares;
27 items;
2469.4 m;
3784 thous. tons per year,

100.0 thous. tons per year;
3636, 0 thous. tons per year;
4 (thous. TEU per year);
90 000 passengers per year

8 m;
130 m;
22 m;

27.44 thous. sq. m;
134.01 thous. sq. m;
8.0 thous. tons

OAO Kholmskiy Morskoy Torgovyy Port
OOO Transbunker-Sakhalin
OAO Sakhalinskoe Morskoe Parokhodstvo
OOO Morskoy Servis
OAO Sakhalinskoe Morskoe Parokhodstvo
OOO Transbunker-Sakhalin
OAO Kholmskiy Morskoy Torgovyy Port
OOO Marinflot
OOO Morskaya Agentskaya Kompaniya Transfes Sakhalin
ZAO "TEK Dal'transservis
OOO Agent Servis
OOO Morskoe Agentstvo Shel'f-Flot
OOO Sakhalin-Shel'f-Servis
OOO SANES
ZAO MK Sakhalin-Kurily
OAO Sakhalinskoe Morskoe Parokhodstvo
OOO Sakhmortek
ZAO TEK Dal'transservis
OOO Magna
Address: 27-A Kommunistichesky Prospekt, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 42-36-29; +7 (4242) 42-91-44 Fax: +7 (4242) 71-21-98 0
Address: 20 Institutskaya St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 71-47-01; Fax: +7 (4242) 72-22-32 0
Address: 42 Sakhalinskaya St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone/Fax: +7 (4242) 72-32-82 0
Address: 129 Lenina St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 72-55-85; Fax: +7 (4242) 49-85-67 0

     The story of the Kholmsk seaport began in 1909-1910, when construction of the Maoka seaport (first name of the Kholmsk seaport) was begun by Japan.
 
     In 1911 a protective port with water area of 7,270 square meters and depths up to 3 meters was built.
 
     During 1921-1927 a boot basin, 28,875 square meters in size, was built by dry method, and in the neighbouring area a protective boot basin, 9,240 square meters in size and 2.7 meters in depth was constructed for mooring of small-sized vessels.
 
     In 1935-1938 northern and southern malls with total length of 580 meters, and berths 3,4,5,6 and 7 with total length of 700 meters and depths from 2 to 5.5 meters were constructed.
 
     From 1945, when the Sahkalin Island came under the USSR jurisdiction, a new stage of the seaport development began. 

     In 1946 the seaport of Maoka was renamed into the seaport of Kholmsk.
 
     From 1946 till 1948 large works on mechanization of the Kholmsk seaport started. The seaport was equipped with 9 cranes (including 4 portal cranes "Derrik" with weight-lift of 5 tons, a portal crane "Washington" with weight-lift of 45 tons, a railway crane "Browning" with weight-lift of 24 tons, 2 track cranes with weight-lift of 6 and 8 tons, an automobile crane with weight-lift of 3 tons), conveyors, electric power carts, and other mechanisms.
 
     In 1951, according to the USSR Cabinet Decree dated 6.11.1951 No. 4393-1972s the seaport of Kholmsk was opened for foreign vessels.
 
     In 1973 the first stage of construction of a ferry complex for sea railway ferries like the Sakhalin, for the line connecting the Kholmsk and the Vanino seaports, was completed.
 
     In 1986 the second stage of a ferry complex was built, which enables to reduce idleness of the ferries due to waiting when they would be worked, and to increase the performance of the enterprise. 

     In 1994 during privatization, and according to Cabinet-Government of Russia Decree dated 17.12.1993 No. 1299 "On arranging management of the seaports", by Ministry of Transport of Russia orders 01.03.1994 No. 21, and 03.02.1994 No. 7, State Establishment "Sea administration of the Kholmsk seaport" was created for managing state property not liable to privatization in the Kholmsk seaport.
 
     In 2001, in connection with the merging of sea administrations of the seaports of Korsakov, Kholmsk, Shakhtersk, the Kholmsk Branch of SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" was created.
 
     In 2004 by order dated 12.07.2004 No. 3 of the Sakhalin Branch of FSUE "Rosmorport", an enterprise created in 2003, according to Government of Russia Decree dated 25.09.2002 No. 705, in the framework of reformation of state management in the seaports, and for conducting economic activities in the seaport of Kholmsk, the Kholmsk Department of the FSUE "Rosmorport" Sakhalin Branch was created.
 
     In 2005 in accordance with the Rosmorrechflot regulation dated 28.03.2005 No. VR-101-r and SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" order dated 26.04.2005 No. 36, SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" was renamed into FSE "Administration of the Sakhalin seaports".
 
     In July 2010 by Government of Russia order dated 15.07.2010 No. 521 the borders of the Kholmsk seaport were set.
 
     In November 2010 by Rosmorrechflot order dated 03.11.2010 No. AD-308-r information on the Kholmsk seaport was included into the Registry of the seaports of the Russian Federation and it was given registry number T-15.
 
     In February 2012 by Government of Russia regulation dated 06.02.2012 No. 152-r the seaport of Kholmsk was included into the least of seaports of the Russian Federation, where port call (exit) of vessels transporting radioactive substances and products, which contain them, in transport package sets (cargo of 7 class of hazard) is permitted.
 
     In May 2012 by Rosmorrechflot order dated 28.05.2012 No. 67 with the aim to implement the Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 9.12.2012 No. 277 "On approving rules of vessels and vessels rights registration in the seaports", the seaport of Kholmsk was given port number 59 and abbreviation KHK.

     In June 2014 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 170 it was decided to reorganize FSE “Administration of Sakhalin Seaport” by means of inclusion of FSE “Administration of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Seaport”, and to rename it into FSU “Administration of the seaports of Sakhalin, Kurils and Kamchatka” after completion of the reorganizational procedures.
 
     In September 2014 by Government of Russia Regulation dated 29.09.2014 No. 1912-r Kholmsk Seaport was included into the least of seaports open for foreign vessels.

     In November 2014 by Rosmorrechflot Regulation dated 20.11.2014 No. AD-443-r amendments were made to the Statute of FSE “Administration of Sakhalin Seaports” in execution of the Mintrans of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 171. In particular, the establishment was renamed into federal state budgetary establishment “Administration of the Sakhalin, Kuriles and Kamchatka Seaports”.

     Year-round navigation, connection to the mainland by ferry and railway systems, high level of mechanization of loading and unloading works make the Kholmsk seaport paramount for the Sakhalin transport system,which connects it to other regions of Russia, and for the island economy. 
     Prospects of development for the seaport of Kholmsk are connected to development of coal mines and delivery of coal for the Asia and Pacific region, and also to development of the container cargo base.

Kholmsk seaport scheme

Aniva Bay (46037’ N 142046’ E), southern part of the Okhotsk Sea, Sakhalin Region? Russia

• Seaport territory size
• Seaport water area size
• Number of berths
• Length of the berth wall
• Total cargo terminals cargo flow capacity
     including:
     – liquid
     – bulk
• Passenger terminals cargo flow capacity
• Maximum dimensions of ships calling at the seaport:
     – draught
     – length
     – width
• Closed-in warehouses area size
• Open warehouses area size
• Capacity of containers for oil products

32.50 hectares;
65.5 sq. km;
30 items;
2,737.3 meters;
2,000.0 thous. tons per year;

300.0 thous. tons per year;
1,700.0 thous. tons per year;
27,000 passengers per year;

7 m;
300 m;
unlimited;
12.69 thous. sq. m;
37.19 thous. sq. m;
no

OAO Korsakovskiy Morskoy Torgovyy Port
OOO Rosneft'-Vostoknefteprodukt
ZAO Petrosakh Sakhalin Enerdzhi
ZAO Gidrostroy
OOO Sakhalinskaya Bunkerovochnaya Kompaniya
FSUE “Rosmorport” Sakhalin Branch
OAO Korsakovskiy Morskoy Torgovyy Port
IP Shalak A.G.
ООО Green Coast
FSUE “Rosmorport” Sakhalin Branch
OOO Morinflot
OOO Morskaya Agentskaya Kompaniya Transfes Sakhalin
ZAO TEK Dal'transservis
OOO Zelenaya Doroga
OOO FORPOST BEREG FLOT
OOO Morskoe Agentstvo Shel'f-Flot
OOO Sakhalinskiy Ekspeditorskiy Servis
FSUE “Rosmorport” Sakhalin Branch
OOO Sakhalinskiy Morskoy Syurveyer
OOO Manzhur-MSHCHS
OOO Morskaya Passazhirskaya Sluzhba
ООО Korvet
ООО Тамozhennoe Agentstvo – Sakhalin
OOO Servis Dok
OOO Tsentral'nye Remontnye Masterskie
OOO "Yugo-Vostochnaya Rybopromyshlennaya Kompaniya
OOO Rybopromyshlennaya Kompaniya Kardinal
Address: 27-A Kommunistichesky Prospekt, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 42-36-29; +7 (4242) 42-91-44 Fax:+7 (4242) 71-21-98 0
Address: 20 Institutskaya St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 71-47-01; Fax:+7 (4242) 72-22-32 0
Address: 42 Sakhalinskaya St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone/Fax: +7 (4242) 72-32-82 0
Address: 129 Lenina St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 72-55-85; Fax:+7 (4242) 49-85-67 0
     The seaport of Korsakov was founded in 1853 by expedition of G.I. Nevelsky as a military post named "Muravyovsky". This is the oldest settlement in Sakhalin Region.
 
     In 1854 due to the invasion of the English and the French, the "Muravyovsky" military post was evacuated, and in 1869 it was reconstructed as the "Korsakovsky" post, in honor of General Governor M.S. Korsakov. 

     From 1896 till 1906 the post was the center of the district and included all the southern part of Sakhalin.
 
     In 1907 Japan, under jurisdiction of which was this part of Sakhalin, started to construct port cuildings and structures. From 1907 till 1912 a wooden 142-meter pier was constructed in the place of the contemporary Southern pier. At that time the depths reached 3 meters. The pier was connected to the shore by a bridge. 

     From 1920 till 1928 reconstruction of the Southern pier was conducted. The berth wall was built of a massive rock bend and a concrete superstruccture. The front part was made of reinforced concrete floating caissons placed on the stone bed. A reinforced concrete parapet was built on the superstructure to protect it from storm. 

     In 1939 the Northern pier was built, representing a gravitational type structure made of floating caissons. In August 1946, after the end of the Great Patriotic War and transmission of Sakhalin to the jurisdiction of the USSR, considering the significance of the seaport as a transshipment point, and on the basis of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of RSFSR order dated 05.07.1946 on the administrative and territorial division of Southern Sakhalin Region, by Ministry of Sea Fleet of the USSR order dated 04.08.1946 No. 935, the Korsakov sea trade port of first category was created.
 
     In October 1947 by Ministry of Sea Fleet of the USSR order dated от 15.10.1947 No. 373 the structure and functions of the port were established.
 
     From 1949 it was mainly bread and food, construction materials, metal and equipment, that came to Sakhalin from the mainland through the Korsakov sea trade port. Paper, wood and some other goods made at Sakhalin were sent from Sakhalin to the mainland.
 
     In 1952 boiler #3 of port thermal power station was put into operation.
 
     In 1961 boilers #1 and #2 of port thermal power station were put into operation. 

     During 1969-1971 all three boilers of the port thermal power station were transferred from solid to liquid fuel. 

     In 1993 the Korsakov sea trade port was privatized, and on the basis of its property an open joint stock company Korsakovsky Morskoy Torgovy Port was founded. Later it was reorganized into OAO Korsakovsky Morskoy Torgovy Port.
 
     In 1993 in accordance with Cabinet-Government of Russia regulation dated 28.01.1993 No.127-р the seaport of Korsakov was opened for foreign vessels, and at present it is considered to be an international seaport.
 
     In 1994 in order to use the property not liable to privatization, and to execute functions of port authorities, according to Cabinet-Government of Russia Decree dated 17.12.1993 No. 1299, and according to Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 03.02.1994 No. 7, State Establishment "Sea administration of the Korsakov seaport" was founded. 

     In 2001 SE "Sea administration of the Korsakov seaport" was reorganized, as it merged with SE "Sea administration of the Kholmsk seaport" and SE "Sea administration of the Shakhtersk seaport" into a State Establishment "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports". 

     In 2003 in accordance with Government of Russia Decree dated 25.09.2002 No. 705 in the framework of reformation of the state management system in the seaports FSUE "Rosmorport", a unified economic entity, was created, and by FSUE "Rosmorport" order dated 29.09.2003 No.27/OD the FSUE "Rosmorport" Sakhalin Branch was created.
 
     In December 2003 by Government of Russia Decree dated 09.11.2003 No. 743 the checkpoint in Korsakov Seaport was included into the list of the state border checkpoints of the Russian Federation for arrival of alcohol and tobacco products to the Russian Federation.

     In 2005 in accordance with the Rosmorrechflot regulation dated 28.03.2005 No. ВР-101-р and SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" order dated 26.04.2005 No. 36, SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" was renamed into FSE "Administration of the Sakhalin seaports". 

     In April 2006, according to Government of Russia Regulation dated 25.04.2006 No. 583-р the seaport of Korsakov was included into the list of seaports, captains of which conduct registration of vessels into the Russian Intermational Registry of Vessels. 

     In June 2006 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 21.06.2006 No. 85 the captain of the Korsakov seaport was authorized to execute state control functions on the production extracxting complex "Vityaz", which was designed for extracting and shipping of oil at the Astokhsk site of the Piltun-Astokhsk field.

     In January 2009 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 20.01.2009 No. 7 FSE Administration of Korsakov Seaport was included into the list of federal state establishments authorized authorized to prepare and issue seafarer’s identity card.

     In May 2009 by Government of Russia Decree dated 7.05.2009 No. 397 the seaport of Korsakov was included un the list of seaports through which arrival to Russian Federation of foreign citizens and persons without citizenship for tourism purposes on ferries authorized for passenger transportation is permitted. This decision boosted the number of tourists visiting Sakhalin and had a positive influence on tourism development in Sakhalin Region.
 
     In April 2010 by Government of Russia order dated 21.04.2010 No. 610-р the borders of the Korsakov seaport were set. They included the oil roads area "Pogranichnoye", the production extracxting complex "Vityaz" and port infrastructure facilities near the Ozerskoye village.
 
     In July 2010 by Government of Russia Decree dated 15.07.2010 No. 521 the border checkpoint at the Korsakov seaport was included into the list of checkpoints, from which departure of certain types of commodities (customs commodity codes 4401, 4403, 4404, 4406) is permitted.
 
     In November 2010 by Rosmorrechflot order dated 03.11.2010 No. AD-307-r the seaport of Korsakov was included into the Registry of the seaport of the Russian Federation, and was given registry number T-14.
 
     In June 2011 by Government of Russia Decree dated 3.06.2011 No. 442 the border checkpoint at the Korsakov seaport was included into the list of checkpoints designed for importing on the territory of the Russian Federation of chemical, biological and radioactive substances, wastes and other hazardous commodities, and also food, materials and craftwork.
 
     In July 2011 by Government of Russia Decree dated 07.07.2011 No. 557 the border checkpoint at the Korsakov seaport was included into the list of border checkpoints designed for importing on the territory of the Russian Federation of animals, animal products, feeding stuffs, medicine for animals, and quarantineable products (quarantineable materials, quarantineable cargo).

     In March 2012 by order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia dated 07.03.2012 No. 207n the state border checkpoint in Korsakov Seaport was included into the list of the state border checkpoints of the Russian Federation equipped and designed for import to the territory of the Russian Federation of goods, chemical, biological and radioactive substances, wastes and other cargo hazardous for human; of food, articles of food and products in contact with articles of food; in which sanitary and quarantine supervision over people, vehicles and cargo arriving (leaving) the territory of the Russian Federation, and also controlled goods imported to the territory of the Russian Federation.
 
     In May 2012 by Rosmorrechflot order dated 28.05.2012 No. 67, with the aim to implement the Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 09.12.2012 No. 277 "On approving rules of vessels and vessels rights registration in the seaports", the seaport of Korsakov was given seaport number 25 and abbreviation KV.
 
     In May 2013 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 28.05.2013 No. 189 new Compulsory Regulations in Korsakov Seaport were approved. The new compulsory regulations set rules of merchant shipping, mooring and safety in Korsakov Seaport. Also that month the order of the Ministry of Health dated 12.11.2012 No. 904n came into force and cancelled the order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia dated 07.03.2012 No. 207n by which the state border checkpoint in Korsakov Seaport was included into the lists of checkpoints mentioned above. 

     In June 2013 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 13.06.2013 No. 210 the Murmansk Seaport Master was included into the list of federal state establishments seaport masters authorized to prepare and issue seafarer’s identity cards, and the administration of the seaport was excluded from the list.

     In June 2014 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 170 it was decided to reorganize FSE “Administration of Sakhalin Seaport” by means of inclusion of FSE “Administration of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Seaport”, and to rename it into FSU “Administration of the seaports of Sakhalin, Kurils and Kamchatka” after completion of the reorganizational procedures.

     In August 2014 by Mintrans of Russia Order dated 5.08.2014 No. 219 anchorage areas for detained or arrested vessels were determined in Korsakov Seaport.

     In September 2014 by Government of Russia Regulation dated 29.09.2014 No. 1912-r Korsakov Seaport was included into the least of seaports open for foreign vessels.

     In November 2014 by Rosmorrechflot Regulation dated 20.11.2014 No. AD-443-r amendments were made to the Statute of FSE “Administration of Sakhalin Seaports” in execution of the Mintrans of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 171. In particular, the establishment was renamed into federal state budgetary establishment “Administration of the Sakhalin, Kuriles and Kamchatka Seaports”.
 
     The prospects of development for the Korsakov seaport, being one of the four non-freezing seaports of Sakhalin and connected by regular lines to the Vladivostok seaport, the seaports of Japan and Korea, depend on the further development of the container cargo base, and also increase of passenger flow. 
     The development plans stipulate:
     - reconstruction of the federal property facilities (hydraulic engineering structures and passenger terminal) to increase the terminal flow capacity by 25-30 thousand of passengers per year);
     - construction of the facilities for navigational and surveyor support of sea ways in order to provide for safe and reliable functioning of marine transport; construction of the regional vessel traffic system in Anniva Bay (2nd and 3rd stages).

Water area

Vityaz outer harbor

General view

Pogranichnoye tanker roads

Ozersk sea terminal

Territory

Terpeniya Bay (49º13,5´ N, 143º07,1´ E), east coast of the Sakhalin Island, the Okhotsk Sea, Russia

• Seaport territory size
• Seaport water area size
• Number of berths
• Length of the berth wall

• Total cargo terminals cargo flow capacity
     including:
     – bulk
• Maximum dimensions of ships calling at the seaport:
     – draught
     – length
     – width
     – transport vessels are worked on the roads
• Closed-in warehouses area size
• Open warehouses area size

3.82 hectares;
0.4 hectares;
6 items;
386.7 m +378 m of the Druzhba 
roads complex;
345 thous. tons per year,

345 thous. tons per year;

up to 2 m;
35 m;
7,5 m;

no;
4,1 thous. sq. m;

OOO Poronayskiy Stividor
OOO Poronayskiy Stividor
OOO Poronayskiy Stividor
Address: 27-A Kommunistichesky Prospekt, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 42-36-29; +7 (4242) 42-91-44 Fax:+7 (4242) 71-21-98 0
Address: 20 Institutskaya St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 71-47-01; Fax:+7 (4242) 72-22-32 0
Address: 42 Sakhalinskaya St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone/Fax: +7 (4242) 72-32-82 0
Address: 129 Lenina St., Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk 693000, Russia Phone: +7 (4242) 72-55-85; Fax:+7 (4242) 49-85-67 0
     The construction of the Poronaysk seaport was begun by Japan in 1934. During construction works, a quay representing a thin-walled anchored bulwark from Japanese faucet was built along the Poronay River, and finished in 1935.
 
     After Sakhalin was transferred to the kurisdiction fo the USSR, in February 1946 by Council of People's Commissars of the USSR Decree dated 02.02.1946 No. 263, the Poronaysk sea trade port administration was founded in the town of Poronaysk.
 
     In 1951 the Poronaysk seaport was opened for international traffic, as by the USSR Cabinet Decree dated 06.11.1951 No. 4393-1972s a sea cargo state border checkpoint was opened in the seaport of Poronaysk.
 
     In 1955 by the Minister of the Sea Fleet of the USSR order dated 15.08.1955 No.331 the Poronaysk sea trade port was included into the port checkpoint of the Korsakov sea trade port.
 
     In 1957 by regulation of the Minister of the Sea Fleet of the USSR dated 04.04.1957 No. 481 the Poronaysk port checkpoint was extracted from the Korsakov sea trade port and subordinated to the Sakhalin sea state steamship line as a III rank port.
 
     In 1960-1970 repair and construction works were made in the seaport, such as installation of a reinforced concrete front wall, concrete cover, reinforced concrete undercrane piles, reinforced concrete wheel guard, mooring buoys, fenders. Installation of portal cranes helped to decrease time needed to work a vessel, and to increase cargo transshipment volumes.
 
     In 1975 berths No. 6, No. 7 and No. 8, and also a vessel lifting complex A, B were constructed.
 
     Until the early 1990s shipping of wood, paper products, cement products and fish products for export was performed in the Poronaysk seaport. Sand-and gravel mix was shipped for the needs of the construction industry of Sakhalin Region.
 
     In June 2001, according to the order of SE "Sea administration of Korsakov seaport" dated 07.08.2001 No.8, the Poronaysk Branch of SE "Sea administration of Korsakov seaport" was created. In August 2001 after reorganization of SE "Sea administration of Korsakov seaport" by merging with sea administrations of other Sakhalin seaports SE "Sea administration of Sakhalin seaports" was founded, and its branch was created in the Poronaysk seaport.
 
     In 2003 in accordance with Government of Russia Decree dated 25.09.2002 No. 705 in the framework of reforLation of the state management system in the seaports FSUE "Rosmorport", a unified economic entity, was created, and in September of that year, by FSUE "Rosmorport" order dated 29.09.2003 No.27/ОД the FSUE "Rosmorport" Sakhalin Branch was created.
 
     In 2004 North Division of the FSUE "Rosmorport" Sakhalin Branch started to conduct economic activities in the seaport of Poronaysk.
 
     In 2005 in accordance with the Rosmorrechflot regulation dated 28.03.2005 No. VR-101-r and SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" order dated 26.04.2005 No. 36, SE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" was renamed into FSE "Administration of the Sakhalin seaports" and changes were made to the statutory documents. Consequently, the administration’s branch was renamed into the Poronaysk Branch of FSE "Administration of the Sakhalin seaports".

     In 2009 in accordance with the order of FSE "Administration of the Sakhalin seaports" dated 26.10.2009 No. 113, its North Branch was created, and started to function as port authorities in the Poronaysk seaport and other seaports of Sakhalin.
 
     In April 2010 by Government of Russia order dated 14.04.2010 No. 579 the borders of the Poronaysk seaport were set.
 
     In July 2010 by Rosmorrechflot order dated 16.07.2010 No. AD-191-r information on the Poronaysk seaport was included into the Registry of the seaports of the Russian Federation.

    In March 2012 by Ministry of Helath and Social Development of Russia order dated 07.03.2012 No. 207n the checkpoint through the state border of the Russian Federation in Poronaysk Seaport was included into the list of checkpoints through the state border of the Russian Federation, where sanitary and quarantine suprevision over people, vehicles, cargo and imported regulated commodities arriving (departing) at the terriroty of the Russian Federation.
 
     In May 2012 by Rosmorrechflot order dated 28.05.2012 No. 67 with the aim to implement the Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 09.12.2012 No. 277 "On approving rules of vessels and vessels rights registration in the seaports", the seaport of Poronaysk was given port number 43 and abbreviation PS.

     In May 2013 Ministry of Health of Russia order dated 12.11.2012 No. 904n cancelled Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia order dated 07.03.2012 No. 207n, in accordance with the checkpoint through the state border of the Russian Federation in Poronaysk Seaport had been included into the list of checkpoints through the state border of the Russian Federation, where sanitary and quarantine suprevision over people, vehicles, cargo and imported regulated commodities arriving (departing) at the terriroty of the Russian Federation.
 
     In December 2013 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 12.12.2013 No. 461 new Compulsory Regulations in Poronaysk Seaport were approved setting the rules for navigation safety and vessel mooring, and also maintaining order in Poronaysk Seaport.

     In June 2014 by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 170 it was decided to reorganize FSE “Administration of Sakhalin Seaport” by means of inclusion of FSE “Administration of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Seaport”, and to rename it into FSU “Administration of the seaports of Sakhalin, Kurils and Kamchatka” after completion of the reorganizational procedures.

     In September 2014 by Government of Russia Regulation dated 29.09.2014 No. 1912-r Poronaysk Seaport was included into the least of seaports open for foreign vessels.

     In November 2014 by Rosmorrechflot Regulation dated 20.11.2014 No. AD-443-r amendments were made to the Statute of FSE “Administration of Sakhalin Seaports” in execution of the Mintrans of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 171. In particular, the establishment was renamed into federal state budgetary establishment “Administration of the Sakhalin, Kuriles and Kamchatka Seaports”.

     At present, the Poronaysk seaport is used as a protective port for fish boats, because most of its hydraulic engineering structures are classified as inoperative. Also repairs of low tonnage fleet are conducted in the seaport.

Poronaysk seaport scheme

West coast of the Sakhalin Island(49º10′ N, 142º02′ E), Sakhalin Region, Russia

• Seaport territory size
• Seaport water area size
• Number of berths
• Length of the berth wall
• Total cargo terminals cargo flow capacity
     including:
     – bulk
• Maximum dimensions of ships calling at the seaport:
     coal berth
     – draught
     – length
     – width
     inner harbor
     – draught
     – length
• Closed-in warehouses area size
• Open warehouses area size

13.55 hectares;
12.42 hectares;
28 items;
2,113 m;
2,300 thous. tons per year,

2,300 thous. tons per year;


4.6 m;
150 m;
20 m;

1.8 m;
60 m;
7.06 thous. sq. m;
44.45 thous. sq. m;

ZAO Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinskiy Morskoy Port
OOO Morskoy Port Shakhtersk
OOO Port Uglegorskiy
FSUE “Rosmorport” Sakhalin Branch
AO SGMA Inflot
OAO Sakhalinskoe Morskoe Parokhodstvo
OOO ISS PRISCO
OOO Lider Grupp
OOO Marinflot
OOO Moragentstvo Shel'fflot
OOO Transfes Sakhalin
ZAO SZhS Vostok Limited
ZAO Aleksandrovsk-Sakhalinskiy Morskoy Port
OOO Morskoy Port Shakhtersk
OOO Port Uglegorskiy
OAO Dal'nevostochnoe Morskoe Parokhodstvo
OAO Sakhalinskoe Morskoe Parokhodstvo

     The first reference on delivery of furs, Kamchatka Bilberry, coal and tar from Sakhalin to mainland by sea date back to 1010. On November 27, 1011 the first shooner named Balhae loaded with coal disembarked from the wooden road not far the place, where the Shakhtersk seaport is now situated, and left for the area of the contemporary Primorye Territory. 

     However, after the fall of the Balhae kingdom, it left Sakhalin and sea traffic with the mainland was stopped for ages. The wooden hydraulic structures were destroyed. Local tribes mainly lived by farming, fishing, cattle breeding. According to legends and suggestions of researchers, among the tribes was the ancient people of Tonchi, relatives to the peoples of Priamurye, who in search of the best trade populated Sakhalin. Later the Tonchi were ousted by the Ainu, who moved to the south under pressure of the Japanese, and then partly mixed with them.
 
     A very fast move of the Russian pathfinders through Siberia, who in 1639 reached the Pacific shores, had a great influence on many processes of the Far East.

     In 1644 after a Japanese expedition to Sakhalin, the first Japanese map of Sakhalin and Kuril Islands was drafted.
 
     In 1646 a Russian expedition headed by V.D. Poyarkov discovered the north-west shore of Sakhalin and set a memorial sign in the place of the contemporary seaport of Shakhtersk.
 
     After 1689, when the Treaty of Nerchinsk was agreed between Russia and Qing China, Russia had to leave Priamurye for almost one and a half century, and Sakhalin was for a long time out of the Russian sphere of influence. During this period a Manchu expedition collected information on peoples and tribes living at Sakhalin and drafted "The Kangxi Emperor Map". The Qing China and peoples of Sakhalin started to trade. In the place of the contemporary Shakhtersk seaport (Toorou) Manchu ships unloaded fabric, tobacco, vodka, corns, etc. and loaded furs. Later the Manchu goods were also transported to Japan.
 
     In 1855 a wooden road in the seaport of Shakhtersk (Toorou) was reconstructed at the expence of the stabilization fund of His Majesty the Great Sovereing of Japan. In the autumn of that year a sailing shooner the Apostol Petr left the Shakhtersk (Toorou) seaport loaded by furs and headed towards the Priamurye. Coal industry started to develop along with fishing, reindeer breeding, and fur industry in the area of the contemporary Shakhtersk seaport (Toorou). At this time the Ainu name Toorou was changed for Tooto, and the seaport of Shakhtersk was given the name Khama Tooro, as well as the settlement of the dockers. One of the first coal coalmen in the region was Andrey Buorov. In 1860 he started to extract coal from the ditch situated between the towns of Shakhtersk and Lesogorsk. The good quality of coal attracted foreing investments. In these years the American company Olifant&Co also tried to arrange coal mining. Coal started to be shipped abroad from Shakhtersk (Khama Tooro).
 
     During the war of 1904-1905 between Russia and Japan after the fall of Port Arthur the territory of Sakhalin fell under control of Japan. According to The Treaty of Portsmouth, Japan received part of the Sakhalin Island to the south from the 50th parallel, as well as the Shakhtersk seaport (Khama Tooro). 

     In 1905 the governorate of Karafuto, the Japanese government started to populate the occupied lands by the settlers from Japan, and then Korea. Rich stocks of coal, large forests enabled quick development of coal, forest and paper industry. Around the seaport of Shakhtersk (Khama Tooro) mines of Taihei, Kimitoto, Khokuchezava were laid. The Development of coal industry boosted the modernization of the Shakhtersk (Khama Tooro) seaport.
 
     From 1925 till 1933 concrete hydraulic engineering structures were built in the seaport: southern mall, eastern berth wall, western mall, southern protective wall, coastal protective structures, quay of the coastal protective structures. The seaport was equipped with a system of conveyers and transshipment equipment.
 
     In 1946 by Decree of Council of People’s Comissars dated 01.04.1946 No. 27r the Uglegorsk sea trade port was created, comprising the seaport of Shakhters as a port station. By decision of Ministry of Sea Fleet of the USSR dated 22.04.1946 No. 527 the Uglegorsk sea trade port and other enterprises like that were subordinated to the Sakhalin sea steamship line, which coordinated their activities, developed the port infrastructure, selected and trained personnel.
 
     From 1946 to 1950 the technical equipment of the seaport was fully reconstructed.
 
     In 1951 by the USSR Cabinet Decree dated 06.11.1951 No. 4393-1972s the seaport of Shakhtersk was opened for foreign vessels.
 
     From 1950 till 1980 the seaport was equipped by contemporary transshipment facilities which helped to make cargo works more efficient.
 
     In 1988 by Ministry of Sea Fleet of the USSR order dated 21.12.1988 No. 127 the Uglegorsk sea trade port was withdrawn from the Sakhalin steamship line and subordinated direcrtly to the Ministry of Sea Fleet of the USSR.
 
     In 1992 a company Morskoy Torgovy Port Shakhtersk was created on the basis of the property complex of the Shakhtersk port station of the Uglegorsk sea trade port.

 
     In 1997, according to the Ministry of Transport order dated 09.12.1996 No. 45, and on the basis of the State Property Committee Regulation dated 04.12.1996 No. 1279 a State Establishment "Sea administration of the Shakhtersk port" was created in the seaport of Shakhtersk to functiona as port authorities.
 
     In 2000 a coal berth constructed on tha basis of the western mall, with the length of 78 meters and depths up to 5 meters, was put into operation.
 
     In 2001, according to the Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 29.06.2001 No. 110 SE "Sea administration of the Shakhtersk port" was reorganized, as it merged with FSE "Sea administration of the Kholmsk port" and FSE "Sea administration of the Korsakov port" into the FSE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports", and in the seaport of Shakhtersk the North-West Branch of FSE "Sea administration of the Sakhalin seaports" was established.
 
     In 2003 the coal berth was reconstructed and lengthened by 26 meters.
 
     In June 2004, according to order of the FSUE "Rosmorport" Sakhalin Branch Director dated 25.06.2004 No. 1 the North-West department of the FSUE "Rosmorport" Sakhalin Branch started its economic activities. 

     From 2006 till 2010 reconstruction of hydraulic engineering structures of the Shakhtersk seaport was conducted, as a result of which the coal berth was lengthened to 48 meters, and its total length reached 152 meters. Hexabites were laid and clumn of the left lighting sign was installed at the western mall. During reconstruction the width of the Southern mall reached 18 meters, which enabled mooring vessels and performing cargo works. Besided, cover piles were changed at the connection of the coal berth and the eastern quay of the Shakhtersk seaport.
 
     In October 2010 by Government of Russia Regulation dated 05.10.2010 No. 1676-r the borders of the Shakhtersk seaport were established, including the detached terminals of Boshnyakovo, Krasnogorsk and Uglegorsk.
 
     In March 2011 by Rosmorrechflot regulation dated 29.03.2011 No. AD-56-r information on the Shakhtersk seaport was included into the Registry of seaports of the Russian Federation.
 
     In May 2012 by Rosmorrechflot order dated 28.05.2012 No. 67 with the aim to implement the Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 09.12.2012 No. 277 "On approving rules of vessels and vessels rights registration in the seaports", the seaport of Shakhtersk was given port number 60 and abbreviation SHK.

     In December 2013 by Mintrans order dated 04.12.2013 No. 373 Shakhtersk seaport was included into the list of seaports where the Sakhalin, Kurils and Kamchatka seaports administration exercised the authority in the field of organizational, material and technical and financial support of performance by the seaport capitans of their functions.
     
     In June 2014 by Rosmorrechflot regulation dated 3.06.2014 No. 946-r the borders of Shakhtersk seaport water area were amended in order to organize anchorages for the superships with a draft of 12 meters or more. Besides, by Ministry of Transport of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 170 it was decided to reorganize FSE “Administration of Sakhalin Seaport” by means of inclusion of FSE “Administration of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Seaport”, and to rename it into FSU “Administration of the seaports of Sakhalin, Kurils and Kamchatka” after completion of the reorganizational procedures.

     In September 2014 by Government of Russia Regulation dated 29.09.2014 No. 1912-r Shakhtyersk Seaport was included into the least of seaports open for foreign vessels.

     In November 2014 by Rosmorrechflot Regulation dated 20.11.2014 No. AD-443-r amendments were made to the Statute of FSE “Administration of Sakhalin Seaports” in execution of the Mintrans of Russia order dated 27.06.2014 No. 171. In particular, the establishment was renamed into federal state budgetary establishment “Administration of the Sakhalin, Kuriles and Kamchatka Seaports”.

     The prospects of development of the Shakhtersk seaport are mainly connected to further increase of coal transshipment volumes. The planned construction of the Izylmentyevo terminal will enable a considerable increase in the yearly volumes of cargo turnover in the seaport.

Boshnyakovo sea terminal

Krasnogorsk sea terminal

Uglegorsk sea terminal

Shakhtersk seaport

Shakhtersk seaport water area borders