I. Enviromental protection during current economic activities
1. Atmospheric air protection
2. Water protection
3. Land plots protection
4. Waste disposal
II. Enviromental protection during ship-generated waste collection
IV. FSUE "Rosmorport" Magadan Branch enviromental protection expenses
V. Enviromental activities prospects
Main objectives of the FSUE “Rosmorport” Magadan Branch in the field of environmental protection are:
- reducing the negative environmental impact that arises in process of economic activity of the Branch;
- compliance with environmental legislation and environmental quality standards;
- production control over the implementation of environmental protection measures by the Branch.
Environmental protection activities of the Magadan Branch are provided on the ground of the approved annual plan of environment protection activities in accordance with the Russian Federation environmental legislation.
In order to ensure environmental protection activities in the staffing table of the Magadan Branch, there is a leading specialist in labor protection and ecology, who deals with the organization of control of the Branch’s compliance with norms and requirements of the Russian legislation in the field of environmental protection, implements measures of industrial environmental monitoring during execution of the Branch’s statutory activities in the corresponding seaports. The leading specialist in labor protection and ecology has higher professional education, necessary qualification in the field of environmental protection and relevant work experience.
The Magadan Branch provides following enviroment protection activities during current economic activities:
1. Atmospheric air protection
To carry out statutory activities, the Magadan Branch has vehicles and diesel driven generator (used in emergency situations related to power supply). Operation of the said facilities is associated with emissions of pollutants into the atmosphere. In order to observe the requirements of the Russian environmental protection legislation, the Magadan Branch developed draft standards of maximum permissible emissions of pollutants into the atmosphere, on the basis of which, in the established order, permission of the Rosprirodnadzor Department for the Magadan Region on the emission of harmful substances (pollutants) into the air No. 27/13 dated 25.07.2013 was received.
Following the results of 2016, the volume of pollutants emissions into the atmosphere, resulted from the Magadan Branch economic activity, amounted to 16 kg. For compensation of negative effects on the atmosphere due to emissions, the Magadan Branch timely and fully made the required payments.
2. Water protection
The hydraulic structures of the Magadan Branch are artificially created embankments, located in the Sea of Okhotsk water area.
In this regard, in accordance with the Russian Federation water legislation, the Branch has made the following water use contracts:
- No. 2 of 17.10.2008 with Leninsky Basin Water Department of Rosvodresursy for the use of a part of the Veselaya Bay of the Okhotsk Sea to place a port hydraulic structure – a special pier. The contract is valid until 30.09.2028;
- No. 3 of 17.10.2008 with Leninsky Basin Water Department of Rosvodresursy for the use of a part of the Nagaeva Bay of the Okhotsk Sea to place a port hydraulic structure – an oil pier. The contract is valid until 30.09.2028;
- No. 4 of 17.10.2008 with Leninsky Basin Water Department of Rosvodresursy for the use of the Nagaeva Bay of the Okhotsk Sea to place port hydraulic structures – port fleet pier and berth, valid until 30.09.2028;
- No. 5 of 17.10.2008 with Leninsky Basin Water Department of Rosvodresursy for the use of the Nagaeva Bay of the Okhotsk Sea to place port hydraulic structures – berths No.No. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, berths No.No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, territories, 1st berth main road. The contract is valid until 30.09.2028.
In order to carry out the necessary activities to protect the used water bodies, the Magadan Branch performs production control over observance of requirements in the field of protection of water bodies from pollution caused both by the Branch and by port infrastructure facilities lessees.
Following the terms of the above contracts and in order to prevent water pollution, the following activities are carried out:
- maintenance of port hydraulic structures in accordance with the sanitary standards, timely cleaning of industrial waste, garbage, snow, etc.;
- preventing pollution of the seaport of Magadan water area with waste, oil products, chemicals;
- ensuring waste collection from vessels by efforts and facilities of a specialized organization;
- waste transportation and disposal in specially designated areas.
Following results of the previous year, no pollution of the water bodies used by the Magadan Branch has been recorded.
3. Land plots protection
In order to prevent littering or pollution of hydrotechnical structures and adjacent territories, used by the Magadan Branch, contracts on territory cleaning and garbage removal were concluded between the Branch and specialized licenced organizations. As to leased objects, monitoring of compliance with leaseholders' contractual obligations on periodic cleaning and garbage and waste removal from leased objects territories is carried out.
4. Waste disposal
The Magadan Branch keeps systematic record of volume of waste generated in the process of current economic activities, and carries out monitoring of places of their temporary storage, and frequency of their removal.
Due to expiration of the standards of waste generation and limits on their placing previously established for the Magadan Branch, currently the Branch is developing new draft standards, which will be submitted to the Rosprirodnadzor Department for the Magadan region for approval in the established order.
The majority of production and consumption wastes generated in the Magadan Branch, are related to the III, IV and V classes of hazard. But some types of waste are of I and II classes of hazard, such as spent fluorescent and mercury lamps and batteries. In 2016 they amounted to 2.8% of the total volume of waste of the Branch.
For disposal of waste generated in the process of current economic activities of the Branch, corresponding contracts on their collection, neutralization and disposal have been concluded with specialized licensed organizations
In particular, the I and II hazard classes wastes are transferred to specialized enterprises for neutralization and processing. The III hazard class waste (waste motor and gear oils, oil and fuel filters) resulting from operation of vehicles and diesel driven generator of the Branch are sent to specialized licensed organizations for neutralization and recycling. Solid domestic waste is transferred to specialized organizations for subsequent disposal at city garbage landfill, and waste and fecal waters flow into public sewerage systems.
Dynamics of waste production by the FSUE "Rosmorport" Magadan Branch
Reception and processing of ship-generated waste in the sea port of Magadan is carried out by the Magadan Branch with the help (on a contractual basis) of the specialized organization "Morskaya Ekologicheskaya Slujba", LLC, which have license for carrying out activities on neutralization and placing of I-IV hazard class waste No. 04900029 of 01.09.2014, issued by the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resources.
"Morskaya Ekologicheskaya Slujba", LLC disposes of certificated specialists, technical means and transport for reception, temporary disposal and utilization of ship-generated waste in accordance with the requirments for enviroment protection. Oily water is processed in the separatory plant with the subsequent use as secondary raw materials (heating oil). Sludge and oily rags are also used as secondary raw materials (heating oil) and food waste – as a livestock forage. Spent luminescent are taken to the specialized organization for the demercurization and vessels' solid domestic waste are disposed at the municipal waste disposal polygon.
During the last year no facts of pollution of the seaport of Magadan waters and territory were recorded.
Dynamics of vessels' waste waters collected by the FSUE "Rosmorport" Magadan Branch in Magadan Seaport
Dynamics bilge waters collected from vessels by the FSUE "Rosmorport" Magadan Branch in Magadan Seaport
Dynamics of solid domestic waste collected from vessels by the FSUE "Rosmorport" Magadan Branch in Magadan Seaport
As a construction customer, the Magadan Branch implements various investment projects on construction or reconstruction of coastal port infrastructure facilities in accordance with federal target programs and investment programs of the enterprise.
The project documentation for all objects of capital investment performed by the Branch in the period from 2014 to the present has been developed in strict accordance with the standards and requirements of the Russian Federation legislation in the field of environmental protection. Public hearings were held in accordance with the established procedure, following the result of which the project documentation was submitted to the State Ecological Expertise Committee. The construction and installation works were performed only after receiving positive conclusions of the State Ecological and Construction Expertise Committees.
In 2016 the Magadan Branch's expenses for all the enviroment protection activities (including payments for negative enviromental impact) amounted to 1,424.9 thousand rubles.
The FSUE "Rosmorport" Magadan Branch intends to continue active work in the field of environmental protection. Main tasks for the nearest future are the following:
• reduction of motor vehicles negative impact on the enviroment;
• development and implementation of modern programs and technologies of energy and resourses economy;
• improvement of ecological management system in the Magadan Branch;
• strengthening of production control of compliance with the environmental protection requirements during the activities of the Branch, port infrastructure leaseholders and contractors.