One of the main activities of the FSUE “Rosmorport” Azov Basin Branch is implementation of federal investment programs, and its own capital investment programs, aimed at the development of the federal port infrastructure facilities in the seaports of Azov, Rostov-on-Don, and Taganrog.
Since 2004 the Azov Basin Branch, following the former Taganrog Branch implements the following investment projects in this field, in order to improve the port infrastructure and the quality of the services offered to the ship owners, consigners and other consumers in the seaports.
Seaports of Azov and Rostov-on-Don
In 2013, automated software and hardware appliance for water surface level measurement on the basis of water pressure measuring sensors was commissioned, and hydrometric stations were installed on the berths of the Rostov Basin in the seaport of Rostov-on-Don and on the berths of Lotspost in the seaport of Azov, with the use of which data on the current indicators of the water surface level is promptly measured and processed in the area of their installation, in order to ensure hydrographic and dredging operations by operational level indicators.
In the same year, within implementation of the project of aids to navigation modernization at the section from entrance buoy No. 1 of the Azov-Don Sea Canal to Aksay vil. (3,121 km), in addition to the existent 58 buoys, the Branch purchased another 44 new buoys (all-season sea marks), with the use of which safe navigation is ensured all-year-around on the Azov-Don Sea Canal and the seaports Azov and Rostov-on-Don water area. Besides, in the marine part of the Azov-Don sea canal and turning areas of the Don River, light-optical flasher mechanisms with transponders were installed on buoys for transmission of data about their condition to coastal monitoring station that allows receiving information on the situation and technical condition of the aids to navigation.
Seaport of Taganrog
In 2009, in the framework of the project “Aids to Navigation of the Navigation Provision Service on Taganrog Approaching Canal and in Taganrog Seaport” contemporary floating aids to navigation comprising 29 floating warning signs, equipped with monitoring systems were acquired and installed on Taganrog Approaching Canal and in Taganrog Seaport in order to improve navigation safety.
In 2012 the obsolete and worn-out light-optical devices of the shoreline aids to navigation comprising 2 lead marks and 4 port navigation signs were replaced with contemporary photodiode navigation lamps, which enabled to create a unified monitoring system of the floating and shoreline aids to navigation. Also in that year an automated block and container electric power station with the power of 88 kVA based on a diesel generator station was installed to provide for navigation safety, uninterrupted power supply and steady work of the navigation signs at the South Mall of Taganrog Seaport.
In the same year, resolution of Ministry of Construction, Architecture and Spatial Development of the Rostov region No. RU 61 000000-2 dated 22.10.2012 commissioned:
a) newly constructed automated radio technical posts ARTP-3 (Pavlo-Ochakovo) and ARTP-4 (Lotspost bay) of the seaports of Taganrog and Azov VTS, designed for automatic detection, identification and tracking of vessels in the area of its operation, monitoring of vessel traffic in the seaport of Azov and its approaches, that allowed increasing the level of navigation safety in the Azov-Don Sea Canal, currying out compulsory pilotage on the Azov-Don Sea Canal and monitoring the position of vessels at anchorage No. 461, No. 464 with high accuracy.
b) the reconstructed control center of vessel traffic and communications control center in the seaport of Taganrog, which improved work of VTS operators (by reducing workload) as a result of modernization of the network and server hardware and installation of additional computer workstations.
c) reconstructed ARTP-2 power supply system and control center of the seaports of Taganrog and Azov VTS, designed for uninterrupted power supply to the respective facilities from two independent sources, which allowed to eliminate malfunctions and equipment failure at emergency shutdowns of industrial power supply, improve the quality and reliability of power supply.
d) modernized equipment on automated radio technical posts ARTP-1 (Taganrog) and ARTP-2 of the coastal VHF communication system (Beglitskaya kosa v.) of the seaports of Taganrog and Azov VTS intended for radio communication with vessels and shore services, thus improving the quality of reception and transmission of radio signals.
e) modernized radar processing equipment on ARTP-1 and ARTP-2, intended for the improvement of quality of processing of radar data, thus improving the accuracy of target tracking and the quality of reception and transmission of radio signals.
In 2014 capital repair of quay wall No.2 was completed, performed in order to prolong the service life of hydraulic structure designed for stay and repair of vessels on the production and repair base of the branch.
At present the Azov Basin Branch implements the following investment projects concerning capital investments into the coastal and port infrastructure, in the framework of the federal target program “Development of the Transport System of Russia (2010-2015)”, and its own capital investment programs for the development of port infrastructure facilities in the seaports of Azov, Rostov-on-Don, and Taganrog.
• project of the reconstruction of berth No. 1 in the village of Kagalnik (Lotspost) connected to dredging and arrangement of coastal protection with the increase of the berth wall length being up to 105 meters and of the depth up to -4 meters of the Baltic System of Heights, and also with creation of extra warehouse spaces. Implementation of the project will help to solve the existing mooring issues concerning vessels, which support the aids to navigation, and also storage issues. Project documentation received positive conclusion of the State Expertise Committee No. 894-13/RGE-2468/02 dated 13.12.2013, issued by the Rostov Branch of the FAI “Glavgosekspertiza of Russia”, within which ecological expertise of the project was conducted. Estimate documentation check was conducted by the Rostov Branch of FAI “Glavgosekspertiza of Russia”, conclusion No. 137-14/RGE-2468/05 was issued.
Information on the project implementation progress can be found in section “Port infrastructure facilities”.
• construction project of direct and inverse laser ranges on the second and third elbow of the Azov-Don Sea Canal, within comprehensive program on ensuring the navigation safety in the Azov Sea, in order to improve navigation conditions on the canal, as well as to reduce cross-track deviation of vessel from the canal axis. Currently, the branch is carrying out on a competitive basis selection of a contractor for the performance of work on construction of the relevant facilities. Upon receipt of positive conclusions of the State Construction and Ecological Expertise Committees, and in case of allocation of the necessary funds, the start construction and installation work is planned in the second half of 2016.
• construction project of vessel roads “Nizhnegnilovskoy”, “Donetsky-1”, “Donetsky-2”, “Aleksandrovsky”, “Postoyanny Karantinny”, “Nakhichevanskaya protoka” and “Kumzhensky” in the seaport of Rostov-on-Don, intended for organization of safe anchorage. Increasing the size of road anchorages will not only reduce the accident rate of navigation on respective sections of the seaport water area, but will also increase the overall capacity of the seaport of Rostov-on-Don. Project documentation for the construction of vessel roadstead was approved on the results of the public hearings (minutes dated 28.01.2013) held on 12.12.2012, and received positive conclusion of the State Ecological Expertise Committee, approved by order of Rosprirodnadzor No. 700 dated 15.11.2013, valid until November 15, 2016. In the established order, the project documentation also received positive conclusion of the State Expertise Committee of FAI “Glavgosekspertiza of Russia” No. 929-14/GGE-9344/04 dated 25.07.2014. Start of construction and dredging works is scheduled for the third quarter of 2016.
• adjustment of the project for the reconstruction of the Taganrog approaching canal with the aim to create the third elbow of the canal with the depth of 5,5 meters. This project will help to increase the canal flowing capacity, and consequently, to boost transshipment in Taganrog Seaport, as well as in Azov and Rostov-on-Don seaports. Start of the works on designing is scheduled for 2016. Dredging and related works, in case of allocation of the necessary funds are expected no earlier than 2017-2018.
• project for the construction of lead marks of the 1 and 2 elbows of the Taganrog approaching canal with the aim to provide navigation safety. In 2015, the pre-work was conducted on choosing of types of range marks that are optimal application on the Taganrog approach channel. In 2016 design and survey work are planned for the construction of navigation ranges of the first and second elbows of the Taganrog approach channel. In case of allocation of the necessary funds, the start construction and installation work is planned in the second half of 2017.
• project of reconstruction of berths No. 1-5, and No. 7 and open storage areas for the purpose of construction of local wastewater treatment plants designed to purify the surface wastewater from the territory of berths and storage sites of the seaport, which will contribute to improving the environmental situation in the seaport of Taganrog. In order to implement the project of reconstruction, FSUE “Rosmorport” and the enterprise’s berths lessee – “Taganrog sea trading port”, JSC have signed an agreement on cooperation No. 1/962 dated 23.06.2013. Within the implementation of agreement on cooperation, currently “Taganrog sea trading port” JSC is correcting the previously developed design documentation in terms of inclusion in the project of construction of sewage treatment plants on berth No. 8. Once finalized, the project documentation will be submitted to FAI “Glavgosekspertiza of Russia”, in accordance with established procedure. In case of obtaining positive conclusions of State Environmental and Construction Expertise Committees, as well as in case of allocation of the necessary funding, the start of construction and installation works is planned for 2017.
• project of construction of NAVTEKS base station in the seaport of Taganrog. This project implementation will ensure stable reception of vessels in the water area of the Gulf of Taganrog and the Taganrog seaport water area, in particular, operational information on navigational and meteorological warnings and other urgent information that will enhance the navigation safety. Currently, a specialized project organization, selected according to the results of competitive procedures, is performing design works. In case of obtaining positive conclusions of State Ecological and Construction Expertise Committees for facility construction project, the start of construction and installation works is planned for 2016.